The Tiger Woods scandal exposes strange link to General Motors

You probably know that Tiger Woods is a Buick guy.

And why shouldn't he be a Buick guy as General Motors had him under contract to promote Buick for ten years for 70 million dollars.

That's probably why Tiger loved every Buick made over the last decade in all of those Buick commercials.

But when GM hit the skids early this year it dumped Woods a year early from the 10-year contract.

So here's the strange part.

The smoking gun recently published Tiger's police report from the accident ( http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/1202092woods1.html ) and it turns out that the Black Cadillac Escalade belongs to General Motors.

OK, it is actually titled to a promotion company that works with GM, but don't be fooled the SUV belongs to GM.

So all these years we thought that Tiger was a Buick guy and as it turns out he's really a Cadillac guy.

That's kinda like discovering that all these years Tiger was into blondes and as it turns out he's really into...ah never mind.

Link (with Pics): http://www.examiner.com/x-2812-Road--Driver-Examiner~y2009m12d3-The-Tiger-Woods-scandal-exposes-strange-link-to-General-Motors

I wonder if there was an On-Star call after the accident? Latest theory I've heard is he had gotten out of his Escalade after his wife smashed out the windows, leaving it in gear, and it was unoccupied when it went across the road into the fire hydrant and tree (and that his injuries are from when his wife hit him w/ a golf club). Interesting little story. Sounds like Le Tigre is quite the philanderer (or philanthropist).

I thought that was interesting too when I saw the Escalade. I saw a Buick Enclave on television in his driveway. When they said this happened, I thought he was in a Buick. He was still promoting GM in an Escalade. I then thought he promoted those Buicks and he really did not believe in the product, and he drives an Escalade. Now we find out GM owns the car. He would have done better promoting Cadillac.. OOPS!He just did. Not in a good way either.

I thought that was interesting too when I saw the Escalade. I saw a Buick Enclave on television in his driveway. When they said this happened, I thought he was in a Buick. He was still promoting GM in an Escalade. I then thought he promoted those Buicks and he really did not believe in the product, and he drives an Escalade. Now we find out GM owns the car. He would have done better promoting Cadillac.. OOPS!He just did. Not in a good way either.

Imagine if he had been driving a Lexus. I didn't give much weight to him being in an Escalade, since his Buick contract was over.

Waitaminnit.... you guys don't regularly buy into paid advertising as being completely factual all the time, do you? I never got into Tiger pitching for Buick; and frankly I wouldn't care if he drove a rubber-band powered car and pitched Buick.

GM spent a ridiculous f**kload of money on Tiger- I could MAYBE see $10M/10 yrs, but $70 Million ???? That's 2nd string leading actor level, and they work like 3-4 months/yr to make a movie that makes $100M or more in return.

If Tiger worked 2 whole weeks doing ads for GM, that seems like a lot.

And the demonstratable return on Tiger's (few days work) ads was how much ??

What do Tiger Woods and Baby Seals have in common?

Both are clubbed by Scandinavians.

Apparently the police asked Tiger's wife how many times she hit him. She said "I don't know exactly... but put me down for a 5."

What's the difference between a Cadillac and a golf ball?

Tiger can drive a golf ball 400 yards.

We now see that Tiger drives very well on the fairway but doesn't fare very well on the driveway.

What do the Ryder Cup and Tiger's house have in common?

They are both places where Tiger gets beat by Europeans.

Today, Ping Golf announced it is signing Ms. Woods to a multi-million dollar naming and endorsement deal for it's new line of women's fairway woods. Their new slogan; "Elin Woods - clubs you can beat Tiger with"

He's not a tiger...he's a cheetah!

Of course, he blamed it on a problem with his Escalade.

Whenever a golfer hits a tree, he ALWAYS blames it on his Caddie.

After the crash Tiger Woods car still worked, except it goes putt , putt, putt!

Tough year for tiger. 2nd time he has been beaten by a nine iron

A sign you've got WAY too much money: Not only does your home arcade pinball machine consist of your driveway, an Escalade, fire hydrant, tree, and angry wife swinging a golf club, you think you'll never end up becoming the ball.

It turns out that fixing Tiger's game and fixing his marriage both require the same thing: better control over his putz.

Phil Mickelson contacted Tiger's wife to pick up some tips on how to beat Tiger.

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole in one

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning?

They were clubbing.

Elin's excuse? She had to play a bad lie.

Why did Tiger leave the house so early?

He had a 2:30 tree time.

Q:Why did Tiger take the Cadillac?

A:Because he can't get the Buick Open anymore.

What was the first thing Tiger said to his wife after putting the Escalade into a Tree?

"Can I improve my lie?"

The way I see this.

The Buick killing the deal was the best thing. Paying big money to s tranished celb would have only hurt Buick now.

On the other hand the free Cadillac PR has been great. Every news cast speaks of Cadillac and even on network interviewed a Cadillac rep to see why the doors were locked after it hit the tree. The rep explained the features of the vehicle live on the network feed.

Tiger has done for the Escalade that what OJ did for Ford with his white Bronco.