Park Avenue replacement

Dsuupr

I can't think of anything in the North American pipeline that could possibly fit that bill... but maybe they're going to import the new Holden Statesman?

Alright! That would be awsome. Between the Enclave and this thing the Buick lineup seems to be getting less lame. I stil think the LaCrosse and Lucerne are not the greatest Buicks but hey, tons better than the Camry/Accord & Avalon, among other things.

The Lucerne's FWD really dissapointed me, a LOT. Had the Lucerne been RWD it would have made some of the other compromises less noticalble.

http://www.motornetnews.com.au/Statesman.front.2005.jpg

Let's just hope they differantiate it more from the Holden than they did with the GTO. But hell, as long as it's RWD and has a nice Waterfall Grille I'll be happy!

the lucerne was a lesabre replacement...the park avenue replacement should be RWD and alot better.

The Lucerne effectively replaced both... it goes beyond what the PA offered--it has a V8, for example. If Buick was going to have a RWD top-of-the-line sedan anytime soon, it would have already been shown... maybe in 2-3 years..

I say this is very very very unlikely information.

- GM nor any car company debut a vehicle in the summer. They begin to SELL it in late summer typically but if a brand new model is going to be debuted, we know it would be at the NAIAS, LAIAS, or Chicago or something like that.

-We have a lot of GM insiders that give us little hints. And they almost always pass word along when even the idea of a vehicle is going to built, they don't give a lot of information but they might say something like "Be on the lookout for the new flagship vehicle" or something like that. None of the insiders have given any hint.

-All hints and facts point to the LaCrosse, Lucerne, and Enclave being the only Buicks within a couple years and no new product I hope and wish there to be new product, but a new vehicle will not be out by or debut this summer that nobody at C&G has any idea about.

-Look at the Statesman and KNOW that is not the image Buick is trying to portray for themselves right now. It's a nice vehicle but it'd stand out like a sore thumb with the current American Buick lineup. It looks equivilant to a last-gen Cadillac. It'd be TORN APART after what Buick just showed they can prove with the Enclave.

-The only thing new thats coming that isn't confirmed about Buick is the LaCrosse Super which is just a refreshment for the LaCrosse. Until anybody can come up with reasonable explanations to all these arguments I don't think this dealer really has any inside information. A lot of the dealers I talk to I realize I end up knowing more about the product than they do (but I know there are plenty of dealers who do know what they're talking about, some of which are on here) but if anyone can explain how a FLAGSHIP vehicle would debut this summer, without a hint from AH-HA or anyone else, and knowing that the Statesman is not at all like a current American Buick... then I'll be willing to give this hint from a dealer a bit more credibility.

Perhaps it's simply a Lucerne Super to coincide with the LaCrosee Super?

I don't know if that's going to happen before the LaCrosse Super. I mean, the LaCrosse Super is supposed to be a 2008 model. I doubt they'd not announce a Lucerne Super that was to appear this summer and introduce it before the LaCrosse's.

So Buick is replacing the Ultra designation with 'Super' for the top-of-the-range models? Seems too retro...'Super' just seems so...OLD. (When I think of a Buick Super I think of something from the '40s or early '50s).

2009 would be the earliest Buick could get a RWD car. I doubt their is a Park Avenue replacement coming this summer because

1. Someone would have leaked something out about it by now.

2. It would have to be low volume and expensive if they import it from Australia as Lutz was originally going to have the previous gen. Impala be RWD and imported from Australia but they could only import around 20,000 a year so they went with a low volume GTO instead.

We know that the flagship is in the pipeline. That's the important thing. I'd love to see it's chassis (ie, RWD platform) be used in the next gen Lucerne, and even Lacrosse (if possible). Who know how flexible it'll really be. One can create very different cars these days, with different packaging and styling from a shared wheel base that's only a inches from one another, so who knows. I look forward to the Lacrosse Super, but I don't like the name. I think that it'll be seen as a bit goofy. I wish they went with Ultra instead.

There is no way that GM can whip up a new "RWD Roadmaster" in 6 months, without any testing or news stories. And Holden would have told of any importing from AUS of new models.

The Camaro was a 'surprise', yeah, but it is still a concept. Dealers only know how to sell cars.

Edited by Chicagoland