XTS to be built in Oshawa

Camino LS6

So the XTS is 2+ years away from dealerships, and the Impala replacement is probably a 2014 model. That means the current Impala has 2011, 2012 and 2013 model years left, yikes it is outdated already. This smells of platform sharing on Epsilon II but on the supersized version (as to differentiate a little from the LaCrosse). Looks like GM is doing the Taurus/MKS but 3 years later.

Or SMK, both will be built on Zeta II along with Camaro. . .

That would be nice, but this is GM we're talking about. The beancounters won't be able to "build a business case" for a new rear drive platform and a new V8 engine, so I'm expecting another front drive V6 derivative of the Epsilon platform.

That would be nice, but this is GM we're talking about. The beancounters won't be able to "build a business case" for a new rear drive platform and a new V8 engine, so I'm expecting another front drive V6 derivative of the Epsilon platform.

Yes, but now it will have a 6spd automatic instead of a 4spd like the DTS.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...

Oshawa, eh? Which means... it will be either on Zeta or the W-platform :) (Epsy Dos is not at Oshawa yet, is it?)

its on niether, its on epsilion II, Same as the Lacrosse. The W body Impala is being phased out after the 2011 model year. it remains to be seen if the current impala is replaced by a Zeta Caprice, or will it be built on Epsilion II.

I saw a tweet from a reliable source that Hamtramack MI may build some Impala replacements too because it may cost less than it would to build them in Canada.

I heard that the hamtramck plant will be making some Malibu's. Kansas city is having trouble keeping up with building the lacrosse and malibu. The Orlando was going to be built there as well but that might be going to Lordstown.

and dont forget that GM has two plants on "standby" status. Spring Hill TN and Janesville Wis. I could see one or even both of them reopen at some point.

I don't know why they would build EP-II at Oshawa when they already have 2 plants that can build it. Fairfax Kansas and Orion MI right?

fairfax currently makes both the Malibu and the Lacrosse and they are at capacity at the moment. and Orion Mich is going to be building the next Generation Aveo and is currently changing over to that model.