Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Future Products: GM

Paulie it is worrisome about Buick..I hope we are wrong in that impression. Also, Daewoo is involved in the research for a sporty rwd GM car. What?!!! It also mentions GM's 'indecision' on rwd.....I'm still a GM fan, I'm still a GM fan, I'm still a GM fan.....I keep repeating this mantra.... Some of the future plans seem so slow to me. That awful Ion is still around until '08.

OK, this weirds things out quite a bit:

And I quote:
[quote name='AutoWeek']BUICK

LaCrosse: The LaCrosse debuted for the 2005 model year; no major changes are coming soon. The car may be redesigned for the 2010 model year on GM's Epsilon 2 front-wheel-drive platform.

All vehicles developed on Epsilon 2 will be engineered by GM Europe in Ruesselsheim, Germany. U.S. operations will provide styling input.[/quote]
This is scary for two reasons:
-This is the second source that really makes you think GM is backing away from the flexible Epsilon idea.
-Opel's in charge, who quite obviously could give a crap about allowing for power to the rear wheels.

[quote]CADILLAC

BLS: The next-generation of the small Cadillac BLS announced for Europe may come to the United States as an entry-level convertible and coupe, positioned below the CTS.

The BLS will be sold in Europe beginning in 2006, developed on GM's fwd Epsilon platform.

If approved, U.S. sales would not begin until about 2010. The vehicle for the United States would be developed on the awd Epsilon 2 architecture.[/quote]
This would be simply weird....all these cars kept within mere inches of one another makes for a major glut. If BLS is compact, is the CTS an intermediate? If the CTS is compact, is the STS an intermediate? If the CTS is intermediate, is the STS a big car?

[quote]SRX: GM has delayed re-engineering and restyling the SRX until the 2010 model year. The SRX was to be re-engineered for the 2008 model year. An interior freshening for the 2007 model year remains on schedule.[/quote]
This makes sense....the SRX was basically done right (except for the obvious fact that it should have been a car instead of a crossover, but I digress :)), and I think it should be given a chance to grow on the people. Besides, one would love to see that V-Series version.

[quote]Cobalt: The 2006 model year is big for performance at Chevrolet, with the SS badge added to a wide range of high-horsepower vehicles. Cobalt SS coupe and sedan models feature a 171-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine as well as suspension and styling enhancements.[/quote]
I really don't think the SS name should be used on such a car....RS would work way better...but I'm not the decision maker here....

[quote]Chevrolet will receive a small sport wagon built on a shorter version of the Theta architecture used on the Equinox. The 2009 model will target the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4.[/quote]
Isn't the Equinox small enough? Maybe a better idea would be to simply make a two-door Equinox.

[quote]HUMMER

H1: As the first entry in what GM is calling Hummer's "performance series," the 2006 H1 Alpha offers a 300-hp, 6.6-liter V-8 turbo diesel and a five-speed automatic.[/quote]
How very ballsy....it really makes still selling this thing to civilians quite pointless.

[quote]Solstice: Production and engineering issues hampered the launch of the two-passenger roadster, GM's first vehicle on its new rwd Kappa architecture. Vehicles are being shipped to dealers this month. Production will slowly ramp up.

A 177-hp, 2.4-liter Ecotec four-cylinder engine is available at launch, along with a five-speed manual and five-speed automatic transmission. A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder GT version with a restyled front fascia is in the works for the 2007 model year. A hardtop model will debut in the 2008 model year.[/quote]
One wonders if (and hopes) it will be that fastback we saw photos of...hopefully they engineer a damn trunk into that badboy....

[quote]Vibe: The Vibe is scheduled to be restyled and re-engineered for the 2007 model year. It will continue on a Toyota platform.[/quote]
A golden opportunity to move to a platform within GM (read: Delta) is being squandered....

[quote]Sky: The small rwd roadster debuts early next year as a 2007 model. Developed on GM's Kappa architecture, the two-passenger car will be built in Wilmington, Del., next to the Pontiac Solstice and an Opel model.

The Sky is equipped with a 2.4-liter, 170-hp four-cylinder engine that has variable valve timing. A five-speed automatic will be optional.

While the Sky, Solstice and Opel models share the Kappa platform and mechanicals, the Sky's price will be higher than the Solstice because it has more standard equipment. The Sky's starting price is expected to be less than $25,000.

A high-performance model with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine will be available late in the model year. A supercharged model will follow in the 2008 model year.[/quote]
Well, at least Saturn won't get a fastback....I hope.

[quote]Aura: The Aura will share Opel sheet metal and be assembled in the United States.

Saturn's mid-sized 2007 Aura sedan will resemble the concept car shown at the Detroit auto show in January. The car will offer three engine choices: 2.4-liter, four-cylinder; a 3.4-liter V-6; and a 3.6-liter V-6. A 300-hp version of the 3.6-liter V-6 is planned for the 2008 model year.[/quote]
OK, now things get that much worse....unless the GXP G6 gets the same engine, there will be trouble.

Equinox is a mid-size-compare size to Ford Escape-there is the Saturn VUE however, but a possibly smaller Chevy compact could work-as the HHR seems to be more of a tall station wagon.