Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Motor Trend Comparison: LaCrosse CXS vs ES 350

wildcat

Will the better Buick please stand up?

"Since 1989, Toyota's Lexus ES sedans have been raking in gigantic piles of crispy green cashola by employing an absurdly elementary tactic: simply becoming Japan's Buick. You see, Buick's once colossal sales volume hasn't so much evaporated since its halcyon days as it's been incrementally hijacked by a Lexus that's consistently been offering Buick-to-the-bone qualities -- most notably relaxed quietness -- conjoined with Japanese quality."

In the end, Buick wins... by a nose.

To read the entire article, click here

an Epsilon car beats a Lexus? LOL.......

Yeah, well, it's just the volume FWD Lexus on the Camry platform, so they are comparable. It's not like they are comparing an Epsilon to one of the RWD models.

I got to spend some time in the Lacrosse. I am not a big Buick fan nor Lacrosse but I was very impressed with the car and the price that was on it.

While hit was not the loaded model it was by far one of the nicest GM interiors I have been in. The car was very well equipt and looked like a car near $40K and this one was a special Cleveland dealers edition that was at $31K sticker.

Front seat room could be a little more but the rear was great. I had more leg room than many of GM's past full size cars.

This car is a good value and will do well if GM can get people to look at it.

I do agree with the reviewer's comment about the greek column sized A pillars that seem to be present on every single GM car these days.

It is all about those 5 star ratings baby!!

The cheaper and heavier the car the thicker the pillars. The can make them thin but it will cost you.

Even the Fire Rescue crews complain that the new cars roof are so much harder to remove that rescue times have increased. The Jaws of lIfe just can't ge through like they used too.

I do agree with the reviewer's comment about the greek column sized A pillars that seem to be present on every single GM car these days.

It's funny you bring that up--I was driving my friend's Impala the other day and I happen to need to look directly where the A-pillar was and was shocked.. I actually have to shift my head to see around it! I immediately said, "What the f@#k is this?!" and she replied, "Yeah, isn't that terrible? It's huge!"

Only time I ever heard her complain about size.

neither car has a very good interior considering the price. the buick's is a nice design but the leather and plastic are really cheap.

That's the thing though. No one really knows what to expect for $35K since everyone knows what to expect for 20 and everyone knows what to expect for 50. There's not a lot to compare it to in this segment, either.

On another note, did anyone else notice that MT said that both cars had a 3.5L V6? Lack of fact-checking on their part, but then again, what else is new?

That's the thing though. No one really knows what to expect for $35K since everyone knows what to expect for 20 and everyone knows what to expect for 50. There's not a lot to compare it to in this segment, either.

On another note, did anyone else notice that MT said that both cars had a 3.5L V6? Lack of fact-checking on their part, but then again, what else is new?

Did you read what followed in the parentheses?

The only fact-checking fail I found in the article was calling Palos Verdes Drive East "Portuguese Bend", which is in fact an area, not a road.

Did you read what followed in the parentheses?

The only fact-checking fail I found in the article was calling Palos Verdes Drive East "Portuguese Bend", which is in fact an area, not a road.

Still a misleading statement by the writer. If GM lists the engine as a 3.6L, then dangit, it should be referred to as a 3.6L. The LaCrosse engine is closer to 3.6L than the Lexus engine is to 3.5L, anyway.

If the LaCrosse had, say, a 3387cc engine, I can all but guarantee that MT wouldn't say that both cars "have a 3.4L V6 (give or take a few cc)." They'd call the 3457cc Lexus engine by designation (3.5L) without all the rounding crap.

MT makes a lot of mistakes like that. they rush everything to print and never bother making sure its right.