trinacriabob

Do you like the Chrysler Sebring HARDTOP coupe  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Chrysler Sebring HARDTOP coupe

• Yes
    • Eh
    • No
    • Other

If you ever rent a midsize from Advantage Rent a Car, you will most likely get a 2-door Chrysler Sebring hardtop coupe instead of the Stratus 4-door which is ubiqutous in other fleets.

My first impression is that this is a decent looking car. (I don't like the convertible).

However, in pricing it, it is not competitive with a much more substantial purchase like a LaCrosse or Impala. Plus, for some unknown reason, the price differential between their 4 doors and the coupe is an eye-opener.

Plus side:

Good looks, nice instrument area, fun to drive

Negative side:

Price/value, C/R does not like it, not the most practical

However, I voted YES. There are very few cars in this niche anymore.

Edited by trinacriabob

IMO the only reason to buy a Sebring is the convertible. I rented one for two weeks a couple of years ago while my truck was incapacitated. It was a stripper, but still had most of what I wanted. It had a nice ride and handled nicely....I remember hanging with a 350z turn for turn. There was some mild cowl shake over potholes, but nothing too terrible.

My biggest negative would be the ong term reliability of the engines used in the Sebring. I've heard nothing but bad things about the V6s, especially the 2.7L Chryslerbishi motor. The four I had was fine, but then again I got the car with 750 miles on it.

My biggest negative would be the ong term reliability of the engines used in the Sebring. I've heard nothing but bad things about the V6s, especially the 2.7L Chryslerbishi motor.

The 2.7 is not a Chryslerbishi motor; it is a Chrysler exclusive. The Sebring and Stratus coupes use the Mitsubishi 3.0L V6, while the Sebring sedan and convertible and Stratus sedan use the Chrysler 2.7.

Well, those coupes shouldn't be around for much longer anyway...the Eclipse they're stretched from is now dead, and very few people ever bought these cars in the first place.

It was always WEIRD how the 4-door and convertible were Chryslers through and through, but the coupes were 100% Mitsubishi, with some Chrysler styling and radios thrown in.