Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Where's my affordable Pontiac coupe?

*taps foot*

Well, GM? I know you've got one somewhere. And it better be cheaper than the Solstice, too! A Solstice coupe starting at $18,990 would suite me just fine, and I'm sure many others would agree.

Don't make me buy a gently used BMW 325Ci, ok? All you have to do is get a Solstice Coupe out by the fall, and you'll get my money.

You are never going to see 'entry level priced' RWD coupes, ever again. T1000's and Astres are not coming back.

And this idea that Pontiac has to sell evey car Chevy sells is as dead as the Caddy valiant attempt at an entry-level luxury car.

Especially with GM needing to cut back and get back to profit. No way is Pontiac going offer as many cars as the 'good old days'.

You are never going to see 'entry level priced' RWD coupes, ever again. T1000's and Astres are not coming back.

T1000s and Astres? :lol:

Anyways, someday cheap RWD coupes will come back. I doubt Pontiac will be there first, if ever, but some brand will revive them. Compact size, 4 cyl power, 2 doors, RWD... Yeah, it'll be cheap  and viable enough for a return.

And this idea that Pontiac has to sell evey car Chevy sells is as dead as the Caddy valiant attempt at an entry-level luxury car.

Um... who the hell wants that? Last time I checked, most people just want Pontiac to live up to it's name. You know... Driving Excitement? I'm afraid G6s and Pursuits aren't doing that. An affordable RWD coupe would be, especially along with other body styles like sedan, hatch, and conv all under the same name.

Especially with GM needing to cut back and get back to profit. No way is Pontiac going offer as many cars as the 'good old days'.

No $h!, Sherlock.

Don't make me buy a gently used BMW 325Ci, ok?  All you have to do is get a Solstice Coupe out by the fall, and you'll get my money.

By fall you will likely be able to buy a gently used 2004 GTO for $19k or less. I doubt you're going to find anything newer than a 2002 325Ci for that price.

My GTO is a hell of a lot of fun (I can get sideways through turns without trying too hard :D), I just wish it had an M6 so it was even more fun.