FAT is now considered a national security threat

Betcha didn't see this one coming...

US youngsters are too fat to fight, warn generals

Former generals want Congress to act to give children better food in schools. Rising rates of obesity among young Americans could undermine the future of the US military, two retired generals have warned.

More than a quarter of young Americans are now too fat to fight, they said.

LINK HERE

A nation growing with slow, easy targets... that can't be good.

It's not electronic entertainment that's the problem. It's the failure to parent.

There will always be something new coming along to entice kids that makes the job of a parent more difficult. However, it always comes back to how the parent chooses to teach their kids to handle the temptations of life.

Edited by usonia

Betcha didn't see this one coming...

US youngsters are too fat to fight, warn generals

Former generals want Congress to act to give children better food in schools. Rising rates of obesity among young Americans could undermine the future of the US military, two retired generals have warned.

More than a quarter of young Americans are now too fat to fight, they said.

LINK HERE

A nation growing with slow, easy targets... that can't be good.

The MARINES have been saying this for years. When I went in I passed the PT test easy. When my Son went in he had to do PT for weeks before they shipped him to boot camp. Now he is a E-6 Staff Sargent in better shape and any 16-20 year old on the street.

Went to Subway for lunch today... had their Italian BMT (not particularly low fat), but had it on their tasty new flatbread (I figured it was better for me than a regular sub roll, and it is thick enough to hold everything in). And instead of chips, I got a sac of apples. To drink it was a Diet Coke.