Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

House Browsing

Variance

At this point in time, I'm nowhere near in the position to buy a house but I thought I'd take a look at some places I'd definitely like to live in one day.

This is my current favorite:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is pretty much my ideal house. It's a nice-looking place for sure and the thing I really like about it is that it has a nice woodsy backyard (the pond is quite the bonus). I'm loving the patio, too.

http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.as...50&lnksrc=00001

Shhhhhheeeeeettttt,

this is definitely one of my favorite pastimes. I can get lost in the real estate throw-aways or on house ad search engines for longer than I should.

I've spent 4 years doing residential architecture, bookended by commercial before and after (read that, currently). Commercial is more professional but residential is more fun. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Edited by trinacriabob

I'd like a house with a concealed 10 car garage (built underground or in a hillside) and the house built partially into a hillside with a view out over a valley. Lots of stone, glass, and steel.

Oh course, that's a pipe dream for now...my next home will likely be a decent $400k 4-5 bedroom 3000 sq foot recent build in suburbia w/ a 3 car garage and big basement (for the home theatre). I've outgrown my 1200 sq ft loft.

Edited by moltar

Nice, very New England. Too bad it would cost about $900,000 in my town. :banghead:

Secretly I would love to live in a house that looks borderline abandoned. InsulBrick would be a big plus. F**k convention- it bores me.

There is something about your brain patterns that I find to be close to perfection.

I'd love to own one of those houses in the paintings of abandoned classics that they sell at swap meets and car shows. A house full of "priceless junk". Edlebrock manifolds for Flatheads, vintage Cragar rims, Bonneville Trophies from the 50s, 1964 Buick Riviera emblems and LS6 heads lying around the house on coffee tables made of crate motor shiping crates.

A 1950s GMC wrecker half way dissasembled in the living room while a '59 Pontiac wiht a cadillac 500 & dana rear end passes for a "daily driver" in the frint yard. Too bad we have G/Fs and wifes to get in the way of the true masculine way of life. Red meat and gasoline mix so well.

Best I could find. :P

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

2 mil? Pfft! 7 mil!!

This residence will present you with the most luxurious mountain property in town. With over 10,500 sq ft of indoor living space and over 2,000 sq ft of roof top living this home represents the most exquisite ski-in/ski-out property we have to offer. 270-degree views from the heated rooftop deck, 14 person home theatre, and many other exquiste finishes.

$7,000,000

Bedrooms: 5

Baths: 7

Heat: Gas

Approx Sq Ft: 10,800

Year Built: 2003

Furnished: No

Property Type: Single Family / Duplex

Views: Mountains

Zoning: Residential

Taxes: 4063.00

Transfer Tax: 0

Garage: 3.5 Car Garage

Acres: .45

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pics and 360 views:

http://www.interactiveproperties.com/viewe...howcaseid=47440

Edited by CD/BP

2 mil? Pfft! 7 mil!!

This residence will present you with the most luxurious mountain property in town. With over 10,500 sq ft of indoor living space and over 2,000 sq ft of roof top living this home represents the most exquisite ski-in/ski-out property we have to offer. 270-degree views from the heated rooftop deck, 14 person home theatre, and many other exquiste finishes.

$7,000,000

Sweeet....love the stone work and location...looks like an Aspen residence.

That would be between $15 and $20M in central NJ. I'm working right now on a $4M house and it's nothing.

There is something about your brain patterns that I find to be close to perfection.

If we're really good and take our meds, the nurses might let us play checkers in the ward Common Room tomorrow. Dibs on black!

I used to want to be an architect when I was little. Pair that with a random thought earlier of a house layout with the huge attached garage in back with a kind of wrap-around driveway and a house with a very open feel to it, and you'll get this:

Posted Image

...a very rough layout, but I like it..

Edited by NOS2006

Alright, white it is. Perhaps next week we can play Monopoly with the guy who eats the buttons off his shirt and thinks the TV is talking to him. :lol:

Here's some more great abandoned houses. No one would ever F*** wiht you if you drove a 65 year old COE pickup and lived here... you'd be considered a serial killer and even the Jehovas' Witnesses would leave you alone to work on your '59 Buick. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.pirateplanet.com/Mississippi_Va...se_In_Woods.jpg

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://taylorbehl.notagz.com/abandoned_hou...n002skulz_z.jpg

My favorite:

Posted Image

This is actaully a Pint Ball range but it looks a little like my future back yard.

http://www.fortknoxpaintball.com/images/test/paint52.jpg

I love looking at and dreaming about houses. I'd like to have my ideal place built on a nice, sloped private lot in the country with a tree-lined stream as my border to the back. The house would be modest, with an open floorplan. 3 bedrooms, two baths, with a daylight basement. A deck out the back would cover a patio exiting the basement, which would be finished. I'd need a fireplace in the main living space with cathedral ceiling. The second floor bedroom would overlook this space from a balcony/loft. I'd also like a no-maintenance exterior with natural-looking materials, perhaps a partial stone facade with a stone fireplace and chimney. Of course, I'd need a nice deep two-car garage attached to the house with space at the back for lawn tools, mower, etc.

Wow.. It's amazing how prices can varry depending on the area you live in. Around here I would go :omfg: for a $250k house. And then the house I live in probly isn't worth $100k since we took the pool down a few summers ago.

No one would ever F*** wiht you if you drove a 65 year old COE pickup and lived here... you'd be considered a serial killer and even the Jehovas' Witnesses would leave you alone to work on your '59 Buick. :P

Posted Image

That's just about GD perfect. Give it a front porch and never let a drop of paint touch it. If there's a barn around back with room for at least 5 vehicles, I need to move. I'm already grooming myself to be the neighborhood weirdo, but people around here just can't appreciate art.

BTW- doesn't the TV talk to you? :confused:

Agreed. :yes:

I'm way beyond the status of a weirdo at this point... I'm at "Neighborhood Whackjob". It's a good thing the locals are pretty laid back and are not bothered by my stupid antics. The other day I was pissed so I beat the F*** out of my Volvo's rear quarter with the blunt end of a Fireman's Axe... XP just looked on in confusion. It was like 9pm and my neighbor came over "just to make sure everything is okay". Good people.

Currently in my driveway are eight vehicles, only three of them registered.

1968 Camaro... the Panther's vanity tags expire in Nov. and I wait till the spring to re issue them.

1984 Datsun Maxima (still registered under NH tags)

1988 Full Size Blazer, transfered the plates off the old Fleetwood Brougham

1997 Caddy STS has not been registered since just before my windshield got smashed in Sean's driveway. :angry:

1983 Volvo 240, demolition derby "survivor"

1992 Chevy Corsica with 269K miles (long story it's not mine)

1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville, you remember "Big Red" right? Currently for sale, Ross needs the money & I need the space

1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan (it's back & Ross is going to keep it)

Eight vehicles and not one from the 21st Century. :metal:

Pantho, is that a self-portrait?  Hee hee hee.

No that place is much better looking than the dump I'm living in. :P

Edited by Sixty8panther