Rich People

Enzora

No, I'm not trying to convert anybody here to communism. I'm just expressing my happiness at going to school in a town full of people with more money than they know what to do with. Why? Because, there are certain people in this world, who, upon breaking one mug, decide that their entire set of dishes is now no good for them. Then I can get the whole set of dishes for $20 at the local thrift store. It even comes with a sugar bowl and creamer cup! I have no idea when I'll ever need a cup for creamer, but it certainly is nice to know I have one around.

:pbjtime::pbjtime::pbjtime:

Edited by Enzora

No, I'm not trying to convert anybody here to communism.  I'm just expressing my happiness at going to school in a town full of people with more money than I know what to do with?  Why?  Because, there are certain people in this world, who, upon breaking one mug, decide that their entire set of dishes is now no good for them.  Then I can get the whole set of dishes for $20 at the local thrift store.  It even comes with a sugar bowl and creamer cup!  I have no idea when I'll ever need a cup for creamer, but it certainly is nice to know I have one around. 

:pbjtime:  :pbjtime:  :pbjtime:

:lol::ohyeah::lol:

They can't be that rich if they were within 200 yards of a thrift store. Must have had one of their maids drop it off. :P

Seriously...My town actually managed to get a K-Mart closed and then actually managed to prevent a prsopective Wal Mart from taking the old K-Mart's place. Basically, that area where the K-mart used to be is fenced off and it's just a huge vacant building now...too bad it's fenced off...there's a good sized parking lot in front that I'd like to go driving in...

Perhaps a rich person will be good enough to trade in a pearl-white 1997 Q45 with 70K miles at my local Infiniti dealer so I can buy it for $14,995. :)

Brookville, too, stopped a Walmart from being built in it mainly due to it's Historical nature. Same thing with a mall... *sigh* Sometimes having to drive 25-30 miles to go shopping is a pain, but oh well...

My hometown did the same thing...everybody rejected a proposed Wal-Mart because they wanted to keep downtown business alive. And seeing all the little towns around me that Wal-Mart has ruined, I'm glad they made a smart choice.

I don't know I love how walmart has sent our jobs overseas. They pay their employees the big money, $0.01 over minimum, and their service is also top notch when my wife has her curlers in and my mullet has just been trimed.

Really though, not only are they a leach on our economy and communities, their service sucks.

Closet Nissan fan? :scratchchin:

Guilty as charged! :ph34r:

I'm coming out though. :P

Posted Image