Another Contender?

2006 GMC Canyon SL - $14,995

9535.03.jpg

I'd only keep the cap on until I can unload it on craigslist. Not sure what I'd do with the add-on satellite radio. It's a little more than I want to spend, and I'm not 100% sure it's worth it, but such is life buying used on LI.

How much do you want for the cap? Do the windows slide open on the side there? Is it a 4 or a 5? Nice truck!

Asking price is not the selling price.

I will trade you my new tonneau cover for that cap.

Edited by ocnblu

How much do you want for the cap? Do the windows slide open on the side there? Is it a 4 or a 5? Nice truck!

Asking price is not the selling price.

I will trade you my new tonneau cover for that cap.

It's the 3.5L I5.

I'm not really sure how much these caps go for. I'm assuming it's worth a couple of hundred - probably a lot less to someone who would have to get it painted. It apppears that the side windows slide and/or lift up based on the handles in the pics. So tonneau for cap sounds like a good deal (since I'd rather have a tonneau) if I somehow end up with the truck. I'll go there this weekend and try offering 12.5. If they laugh me out of the place, so be it. I really don't want to spend much more than 10 because I don't want another big payment. Used car prices are so ridiculous around here.

The plot thickens

3p13o53la5V35W35P5a7o5364a931e9b31ba0.jpg

I've always loved this color. His price is slightly lower than Edmunds' TMV for a private party sale. I have an email in to him - will follow up with a call tomorrow.

too much money for that.

Agreed. For a 4 year old Canyon/Colorado, a truck with poor resale, you could probably find cheaper. Probably could get an 06 Silverado for that price.

$12,500 for the orange one seems better, at $16k, no way.

Edited by smk4565
  • Disagree 1

This is getting ridiculous. Had arrangements to meet the guy tomorrow after work to take a look, and he called me earlier to let me know someone stopped by and bought it on the spot. 3rd truck I've missed out on so far. :cussing:

That color is the nicest one on Colorado.

Are trucks very expensive around the place you live? The same truck will go about 2.5 - 3 large less here.

I agree about the color - orange and yellow are my two favorite colors on it, and on trucks in general. LI's used car market is pretty overpriced in general, though in the case of the GMT355s, they seem to be priced similarly throughout the Northeast: 8-10K gets you a stripper 2WD 4cyl, 12-15K gets you a decently equipped 3.5L 4x4.

This is getting ridiculous. Had arrangements to meet the guy tomorrow after work to take a look, and he called me earlier to let me know someone stopped by and bought it on the spot. 3rd truck I've missed out on so far. :cussing:

Makhtub

Yeah, I did see that ad. The guy couldn't speak or spell a word of English. When I asked him if the black on the rocker moldings was paint or stick-on vinyl, he replied, "That part is plastic". I'm not gonna waste my time buying a used car from someone who can't explain what he did to it. Those black stripes are obviously not stock.