Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

Sketch Competition #3 -GM 'People Mover'

59 posts in this topic

Flybrian    0

Sketch Competition #3

General Motors People Mover

Though I loathe the term, its in vogue, so I'll use it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So far, General Motors has been at best 'fair' in the minivan segement. With the car-based family utility segement entering a second rennaisance, now is the time for our GM to shine.

Its your task to come up with a vehicle to not just compete in but perhaps redefine the segment. There are no design requirements, but use some common sense - a swoopy coupe won't cut it here. Keep in mind what makes minivans popular (utility) and why crossovers are desirable (design) and draw up something great with as many/few doors, as tall/low, long/short as you think is right. Also, brand it any division you want - Saturn to SAAB.

Competition minimums are to include at least two of the following:

Exterior shot- frontal from any angle or elevation

Exterior shot- rear from any angle or elevation

Interior shot- any perspective (dash, seating area, etc)

Remember that your entry may be judged on overall presentation, so the more things you draw, the better; you can never draw too much of your concept.

Get your pencils ready and let's show those designers a thing or two!

Deadline: Monday, April 2nd

Prize: Something GM-related. Something good.

Good luck!

oh wow... thats gunna be tough... ill give it a try tho

heres mine... tho i might do another pontiac one... ill decide later

Posted Image

good luck to evryone who enters!!

Burns    0

Here's one:

Posted Image

ill do another view later, meanwhile, its a sporty minivan from pontiac, with suicide doors.

Edited by Burns

Hmmm... I'm liking the Montana the best so far. :)

Flybrian    0

Nice job so far, guys! Good to see some creativity out there!

Deadline will officially be Monday, April 2, 2006 @ 11:59EST

This is just a quick sketch. I might do another. I tried to keep it Chevy without going to far into the "impossible" category. Hope you like it. For now, it's called the vAndetta, and you can see that the rear doors pop up and out to slide over the larger fenders flushly. It has dual sunroofs, a spot for an IPOD, and the rear spoiler contains a nice third brake light.

Posted Image

Edited by modelcitizen

NOS2006    11

Damn. I've got an awesome front view; I focused on the specifics and just drew and came up with it. I'll never be able to put it into 3/4 though. What a shame.

Here is a list of what I will try to get done:

Chevrolet Biscayne

Buick LaSalle

Pontiac Riptide

Saturn Borealis

Cadillac XLV

GMC ?

Saab Aero V (won't go as far as saying Aerovan)

Hummer?

All of these vehicles will have an int. shot and two ext. shots. Front and Rear. So far the Pontiac is almost done, I did a front shot of the Chevy, and started a front shot of the Caddy. The Pontiac looks very nice so far in my opinion. I also drew a sketch of how my new seating innovation works. You'll have to wait for that but I may have the Pontiac and Cadillac up by tomorrow. I will try to get all of these done and I have a lot of time. I may change the Chevy though. I already did once because it looked like a Sedona.

Flybrian    0

i love how C&G and GMI have the same topc for a contest at the same time :P

Hey, ours was first! :P j/k

Am_Rev2005...you're crazy...but I can't wait

You dont have to worry about GMI. This one is better. They will only allow a max number of 2 entries. That is inconvenient because if you are like me and want to do more. They also give you a deadline that is much sooner.

Here is my Pontiac minivan. Enjoy. I also have my Hummer van, Chevy, and Cadillac front views done. The Saab Aero V just needs an interior. I will be working on the Rear and int. views as well as the GMC, Buick, and Saturn vans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by american_revolution_2005

Burns    0

Here is my Pontiac minivan. Enjoy. I also have my Hummer van, Chevy, and Cadillac front views done. The Saab Aero V just needs an interior. I will be working on the Rear and int. views as well as the GMC, Buick, and Saturn vans.

that's really nice! you posted it on GMI too. thanks for giving me tough competition <_<:P

Burns    0

You dont have to worry about GMI. This one is better. They will only allow a max number of 2 entries. That is inconvenient because if you are like me and want to do more. They also give you a deadline that is much sooner.

i think its a max of two entries because they dont want voters to vote all three in favour of one person. Either way, i agree that its annoying, i have so many ideas!!!

NOS2006    11

I've ALMOST got entries ready for this competition AND the upcoming Impala competition. :D