Sketch Competition #3 -GM 'People Mover'

Sketch Competition #3

General Motors People Mover

Though I loathe the term, its in vogue, so I'll use it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So far, General Motors has been at best 'fair' in the minivan segement. With the car-based family utility segement entering a second rennaisance, now is the time for our GM to shine.

Its your task to come up with a vehicle to not just compete in but perhaps redefine the segment. There are no design requirements, but use some common sense - a swoopy coupe won't cut it here. Keep in mind what makes minivans popular (utility) and why crossovers are desirable (design) and draw up something great with as many/few doors, as tall/low, long/short as you think is right. Also, brand it any division you want - Saturn to SAAB.

Competition minimums are to include at least two of the following:

Exterior shot- frontal from any angle or elevation

Exterior shot- rear from any angle or elevation

Interior shot- any perspective (dash, seating area, etc)

Remember that your entry may be judged on overall presentation, so the more things you draw, the better; you can never draw too much of your concept.

Get your pencils ready and let's show those designers a thing or two!

Deadline: Monday, April 2nd

Prize: Something GM-related. Something good.

Good luck!

oh wow... thats gunna be tough... ill give it a try tho

heres mine... tho i might do another pontiac one... ill decide later

Posted Image

good luck to evryone who enters!!

Hmmm... I'm liking the Montana the best so far. :)

This is just a quick sketch. I might do another. I tried to keep it Chevy without going to far into the "impossible" category. Hope you like it. For now, it's called the vAndetta, and you can see that the rear doors pop up and out to slide over the larger fenders flushly. It has dual sunroofs, a spot for an IPOD, and the rear spoiler contains a nice third brake light.

Posted Image

Edited by modelcitizen

Here is a list of what I will try to get done:

Chevrolet Biscayne

Buick LaSalle

Pontiac Riptide

Saturn Borealis

Cadillac XLV

GMC ?

Saab Aero V (won't go as far as saying Aerovan)

Hummer?

All of these vehicles will have an int. shot and two ext. shots. Front and Rear. So far the Pontiac is almost done, I did a front shot of the Chevy, and started a front shot of the Caddy. The Pontiac looks very nice so far in my opinion. I also drew a sketch of how my new seating innovation works. You'll have to wait for that but I may have the Pontiac and Cadillac up by tomorrow. I will try to get all of these done and I have a lot of time. I may change the Chevy though. I already did once because it looked like a Sedona.

Here is my Pontiac minivan. Enjoy. I also have my Hummer van, Chevy, and Cadillac front views done. The Saab Aero V just needs an interior. I will be working on the Rear and int. views as well as the GMC, Buick, and Saturn vans.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by american_revolution_2005

Here is my Pontiac minivan. Enjoy. I also have my Hummer van, Chevy, and Cadillac front views done. The Saab Aero V just needs an interior. I will be working on the Rear and int. views as well as the GMC, Buick, and Saturn vans.

that's really nice! you posted it on GMI too. thanks for giving me tough competition <_<:P

You dont have to worry about GMI. This one is better. They will only allow a max number of 2 entries. That is inconvenient because if you are like me and want to do more. They also give you a deadline that is much sooner.

i think its a max of two entries because they dont want voters to vote all three in favour of one person. Either way, i agree that its annoying, i have so many ideas!!!

Guest YellowJacket894

I'd watch out for the poster above this comment. Really. He's just been served up a hot, steaming fresh banning over at GMI for being a little...would "self-inebriated" or just plain "rude" work in here? Don't know if he'll be like that here, but still, I'd keep an eye open.

Oh, by the way, Mr. Metal, we don't accept smudgy photoshops. Not in here, anyway. You'll have to wait for a chop competition for a minivan to start up, not a sketch competition. At C&G, we keep sketch competitions and photoshop competitions seperate.

do we have to have more then one angle per entry? can i just enter each one as they are now? Or do i have to make a dash shot or something too?

We'd like you to have at least two different views of your concept, something like a 3/4 front shot, rear shot, other angles, or an interior.

How much you do is up to you, but again, your entry will be judged on its own merits, so the more 'views' the better. :)

If an extra day or so is needed, we can work that out.

We'd like you to have at least two different views of your concept, something like a 3/4 front shot, rear shot, other angles, or an interior.

How much you do is up to you, but again, your entry will be judged on its own merits, so the more 'views' the better. :)

If an extra day or so is needed, we can work that out.

so basicly im allowed to enter what i have now (one view of each design) but i may risk not getting votes because having mroe views is better or is it a mandatory requirement to have mroe then one view?

I'd watch out for the poster above this comment. Really. He's just been served up a hot, steaming fresh banning over at GMI for being a little...would "self-inebriated" or just plain "rude" work in here? Don't know if he'll be like that here, but still, I'd keep an eye open.

Oh, by the way, Mr. Metal, we don't accept smudgy photoshops. Not in here, anyway. You'll have to wait for a chop competition for a minivan to start up, not a sketch competition. At C&G, we keep sketch competitions and photoshop competitions seperate.

yea..watch out for me ..i am dangerous...lol. This site has a far better personality to it than gmi,...and as a result, my personality will be compatible here. no doubt.

the entry i mentioned btw, is a drawing not a chop...you never saw 1 from me on gmi,....this is much better. gmi sucks.

so basicly im allowed to enter what i have now (one view of each design) but i may risk not getting votes because having mroe views is better or is it a mandatory requirement to have mroe then one view?

For this one, while you are allowed to enter just one of each, again remember that voters are encouraged to take into account all views of any one entry and you're always encouraged to do more.

Is it a good thing that I can't, for the life of me, design a minivan? :P I mean... unless I enter that jokingly drawn Pontiac one I did a while ago... I don't see me entering. It's only a front view, but I could easily come up with an interior. Those are my self-proclaimed specialty. Same with wheels... and small details. :D Specialties. Haha... I guess I'll just do that, though. It actually looked somewhat appealing.

I don't have a rear and won't have time to do one either.. but I have a front sketch of Chevy van. Can I just enter it by itself, Fly? It's not very well-done, but I guarantee my Impalas to be much better if I can enter this :AH-HA_wink:

I don't have a rear and won't have time to do one either.. but I have a front sketch of Chevy van. Can I just enter it by itself, Fly? It's not very well-done, but I guarantee my Impalas to be much better if I can enter this :AH-HA_wink:

Well, as said, an additional show (even a rough one) would be great and a little extra time can surely be allotted if needed, but its up to you. It will be accepted as-is.

Posted Image

As I said earlier, this is only my second try at an interior design ever. And the grayish stroke that flows across and down the interior into the bowtie is supposed to be like brushed aluminum. Hope you guys like it!

(Oh, and I should add that this definitely wasn't made to my own personal standards.. it's not a good sketch at all (for myself.. and even my good sketches aren't as good as many of you who entered lol))

Edited by NOS2006