Destiny!!!

Once you own a ragtop it's hard to go back...and again, you know how much I loe convertible style roadster (ish) cars.

And yes, with roll up side windows I know it's not a true roadster...

• 3 weeks later...

Push is finally coming to shove on this. The owner now has title in hand, and I have to decide between this and the donor truck for my Mothertruck project. The Vette owner has to decide to accept my offer, or not.

The owner of the donor truck doesn't strike me as a patient man - so I will have to jump on that one within a few days if I want it.

On the other hand, during the whole missing title thing, the Vette's owner found an interested party that (sight unseen) expressed a desire to buy the car for more than I have offered. I don't see that as worth anything until he sees the car.

But time is running out no matter how this goes.

And... I of course have a "plan B", or is it "C'?

Let's get this clear; I didn't buy a Malibu, my wife did. :neenerneener:

Now technically-speaking..., since I clunkered my F-150 towards it, I believe it's in my name (or will be when the loan is paid)... but I certainly don't use it everyday- she does.

Wait, did I just disprove my first statement? :wacko:

Camino is single- his only automotive criteria is to suit himself. If I was single, I'd still be in an early-mid-60s daily driver...

Edited by balthazar

Your leaving what looks like a red seat cover right...so you can have a 1 of 1 green on red Corvette roadster?

Better shape than I thought it would be in!

Ohhhh... now I see how it got so green. Scotts Turf Builder. :smilewide:

This will be fun! I can't wait to see the Project Car thread. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help, Camino.

Thanks Ocn, I'm guessing that more eyes and ears during the parts hunt would be a huge help. My plan for the car is still just forming, but the project thread should be fun.

Good to know, Stang.

I will defintely keep everyone posted on this.

I'll lay out my basic initial plan soon.

here's a tidbit to start:

Missing: most of the saddle interior, seats, door glass (and hardware?), top material (have frame)

Obvious needs: brake system, exhaust system, tires, belts, hoses, points plugs wires, fluids, fuel system, battery

Step #1 will be a thorough pressure wash and cleaning

Step #2 will be an attempt to get it running

As you all may have guessed, I've been surfing for parts sources all day today.

It will be challenging to stay within a budget on this project.

I do not know about the C3, but corvettezine and other communities are pretty helpful about knowing where to find parts. Most of the locations I dealt with were for C5s, which I do not know will carry parts for C3. C3s are odd bunch, they are collectible, yet are not tremendously sought after, so getting parts can sometimes be difficult.

Send that contact info my way, Ocn!

I was down near Altoona recently and I passed 3 or 4 places that had nothing but C3 Vettes. One was in Loysburg, PA. I want to say one was around Shirleysburg, Pa and the other might have been in Kistler, Pa. My memory is pretty vague besides the first one.

I would think Year One could be a source. Is the front bumper/grille just off the car or missing?

Grilles are off the car, but present, as are brand new GM bumpers that he stored inside the house.

I haven't looked into Year one yet, thanks for the suggestion.

Why not?

Because I'm me. :lol: