Greased Lightning

ocnblu

Don't blink yer eyes...<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOvfksH-2E?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOvfksH-2E?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOvfksH-2E?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>Actually, not too bad, except for its slowness. Looks good in white, should have been an RS.

The truth is it did very well for a car not really marketed as a performance car or sports sedan. They may say sports sedan like but never make the big claim.

This car will do what it needs to if they can get people to take a look at it. While the Cobalt was not a failure it still was not a car that many import buyers would even consider. That is the makret GM needs to win over.

More power will be easy to fix and is nto a prime issue with who this car is targeted at.

I must say the brakes look very impressive at 122 feet from 60 MPH.

No, no it does not have to keep up with a Superleggera. But it would be nice if it kept up with a Cobalt. As far as mechanical attributes go, nice chassis and brakes, no motor. I wonder what the 2.2L would have done MPG-wise with DI and the six speed transmissions added.

Edited by ocnblu

Maybe once the Verano ramps up production they'll offer the engine they put in it as a top level option... I hope.

Even so, I don't think it's that much porkier than the Cobalt... For what most people want and are going to be doing, the 1.4T is more than enough.

Most likely yes, simply because of the higher asking price. Any enhancements that were put into it will be spread out in cost per unit because of its global status.

Profit.....That is the name of the game.

The engine would be a great issue here if this car was proclaimed a sports sedan or performance car and it makes no such claim. In one spot they claim sports sedam like handling and that is all.

This car if it makes a profit for GM will do what it was intended to do.

Leave the performance to the GMPD version that they are looking at. If it comes to market it will sell to the 3,000-5,000 units to the people who want a performance Cruze.

This car was never intended to please the Auto Web site enthusiast. It was made to make money and convice people who are happy buying boring imports that GM can make a better one. The Boring people support the auto industry because God made so many of them and gave them money.

Fail. Everybody knows a $16,000 Chevy has to keep up with a Superleggera

But how does it compare to the Hyundai Sonata Turbo? Or the Elantra (which is more the appliance du jour of the Cruze's class)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Increasing power here would not be terribly difficult. They hardest and most expensive part is the EPA cert.

New Maps and a new computer flash and more power could easily be obtained. The questions are how much can they gain with out the use of Premium gas and how much can they push the transaxles and related parts.

I would think they would have room for 15-20 HP. The added torque would also help in MPG according to the GM engineer that did my the Turbo upgrade kit for the LNF.

That is one benefit to turbo engines are that they can often gain HP with only tuning.

Edited by hyperv6

Hell it would be nice if it could beat my 2.4L ION, but it can't, nor can it keep up to my Daughters 2.2L ION. That said ... it could if GM gave it engine options worth spending money on.

2.4L DI/VVT

Edited by RjION