Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The GM CTS Shots

Guest Josh

Obviously, they are meant to "rally the troops" in an attempt to get the media and enthusiats shouting the praises of the company but lets look at one thing.

With the exception of the sure-fire hit of Cadillac.....what has General Motors done to build on any brand, at all?

They are slowly working into a "new" look for Chevrolet and Buick.

Over at Pontiac the only thing selling is the Solstice, however the company plans for no different variants of the Kapppa which I feel is SUICIDIDE!

Also, the Camaro is as you see it. Nothing more, nothing less. But, what about the Buick? The Pontiac?

GM was quick to say "lets look at our hottest brand" but lets not. Lets instead flex some muscle on brands that want it, and need it.

hrmm... saturn is going to thrive in about a year, cadillac will also, chevy should have a great year next year, and pontiac buick will continue to loose customers

I though the Lacrosse and Lucerne.... while not exactly a Chrysler 300 were selling better then the cars they replaced.

Buick has the Enclave, the next LaCrosse, and a rebadged next-gen Holden Statesman confirmed by Lutz. Add that to the Lucerne, which is doing rather well for itself, and take away the Terraza and Rainier, and Buick has a pretty strong lineup...probably the best since the GNX days (puts on flame suit in anticipation of Sixty8).

i think Josh needs to lay off the BMK. he's been overdoing it a bit lately.

not, that what he has said in this thread doesn't hold water, but rather that his whole demeanour has soured in recent months.

what happened to the previous Josh? it's like a bad episode of StarTrek with a parallel universe and we're stuck with the 'evil Josh'.

i think Josh needs to lay off the BMK.  he's been overdoing it a bit lately.

not, that what he has said in this thread doesn't hold water, but rather that his whole demeanour has soured in recent months. 

what happened to the previous Josh? it's like a bad episode of StarTrek with a parallel universe and we're stuck with the 'evil Josh'.

he must be writting a really bad review of his Solstice...

Look at it this way: It wasn't so long ago that people lamented that if your flagship product is crap, who's gonna want anything else you make? If Cadillac has a "sure-fire" hit, there is truly hope for future success in my book.

Obviously, they are meant to "rally the troops" in an attempt to get the media and enthusiats shouting the praises of the company but lets look at one thing.

With the exception of the sure-fire hit of Cadillac.....what has General Motors done to build on any brand, at all?

They are slowly working into a "new" look for Chevrolet and Buick.

Over at Pontiac the only thing selling is the Solstice, however the company plans for no different variants of the Kapppa which I feel is SUICIDIDE!

Also, the Camaro is as you see it. Nothing more, nothing less. But, what about the Buick? The Pontiac?

GM was quick to say "lets look at our hottest brand" but lets not. Lets instead flex some muscle on brands that want it, and need it.

I say to just keep your words and letters going out to GM for such fanatical stuff like this. GM's working behind the scenes on all the cars we "need" and we'll see them in due time. It's just threads like this that make GM further know what we want.

And, as always, please correct me if I'm wrong..

Not to take away from your points or anything, but I laughed like crazy when I read that.

I think the Pontiac G6 coupe done up in GXP is pretty surprising..

Great attention to exterior styling detail..

If they build it people will buy it.

Thats the kind of styling that gets people to spend money...

The 270 hp 3.9 is cool too..

Really surprised me how well the G6 updated with GXP styling cues looks!

Hope they build it just as we see it..

Great companion to the Solstice GXP. IMO

I say to just keep your words and letters going out to GM for such fanatical stuff like this. GM's working behind the scenes on all the cars we "need" and we'll see them in due time. It's just threads like this that make GM further know what we want.

And, as always, please correct me if I'm wrong..

and then the boneheads put the 3.9 (not the 3.6hf) in the G6 GXP and prove otherwise.

until the beancounters all have their heads converted, real balls out progress will still be slow.

Edited by regfootball