it feels so wrong

regfootball

to love a Chrysler

dodge-mirada.jpg

this was the one Chrysler I would have forsaken a GM for, growing up back in the day.

It still looks good to me.

80's yes. Has the same qualities that all the late 70's / early to mid 80's GM cars had to me.

Anyone else love the Mirada / Cordoba twins?

I would still love to find one of these to drive.....

I was a car-crazed teen, and the Mirada CMX with 360 V8 (prolly 170 hp by that time, but it was 1981 after all) was on my short list of dream cars, along with Camaro Z/28, Malibu coupe with 305, and Grand Am with 301. Never got my grubby little hands on any of those. Ended up with a truly wheezy 110 hp 231/3.8L Grand Prix, which got beat in a drag race by an '81 LTD (fancy Fairmont) WAGON with a 200 CID inline six (loaned to my uncle by the Ford dealer while his '80 F-350 with crappy 400 V8 was in the shop). That was MURDER for a GM lad with a secret attraction to other boys.

Edited by ocnblu

Awesome Car, this reminds me of my own 80's love, Some day I am going to find me a 1985 Monte Carlo SS Areo. Those are one very SWEET Ride! Either paint it in Metalic Black with Black Chrome wheels and accents and blacked out windows or do it in the original Dark Cherry Metalic Maroon they had on it from the factory. That was a beautiful auto. The 305 in it was OK, but what a sweet project it would be to put in the RamJet 350 or 502. :metal: