jacob barnet

loki

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1369595/Jacob-Barnett-12-higher-IQ-Einstein-develops-theory-relativity.html

"A 12-year-old child prodigy has astounded university professors after grappling with some of the most advanced concepts in mathematics.

Jacob Barnett has an IQ of 170 - higher than Albert Einstein - and is now so far advanced in his Indiana university studies that professors are lining him up for a PHD research role.

The boy wonder, who taught himself calculus, algebra, geometry and trigonometry in a week, is now tutoring fellow college classmates after hours."

i did actually hear about him originally on G.B. , but that doesn't matter if he is actually that talented.

So who is Glenn Beck, I have started to see bumper stickers here in washington state and never heard of the guy. Is he on TV that I do not watch?

google will certainly beable to answer you if you're serious. otherwise it would get political very quickly...

So who is Glenn Beck, I have started to see bumper stickers here in washington state and never heard of the guy. Is he on TV that I do not watch?

Comedian. Author. Radio talk show host. TV show host on Faux News. You'd have to have been under a rock the last 5 years or so not to have heard of him...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Comedian. Author. Radio talk show host. TV show host on Faux News. You'd have to have been under a rock the last 5 years or so not to have heard of him...

he's not been on fox that long... CNN called him employee for a while before fox

he's not been on fox that long... CNN called him employee for a while before fox

Yes..was on CNN..been on Fox a couple years now.

see. talking about him becomes political.

i don't know if it's a joke, or if they're serious.

What's political about saying you'll see fewer Nazis watching re-runs of the Nuremburg trials than if you watch Glenn Beck? It's not a comment on his politics. The man uses more footage of the Nazis and Nazi propaganda than the History Channel.

see. talking about him becomes political.

i don't know if it's a joke, or if they're serious.

What's political about saying you'll see fewer Nazis watching re-runs of the Nuremburg trials than if you watch Glenn Beck? It's not a comment on his politics. The man uses more footage of the Nazis and Nazi propaganda than the History Channel.

when? i don't see any of the typical 1/2 hour i catch after watching jeopardy.

unless you're commenting on how few nazis were tried at nuremburg... on wiki "Some 200 German war crimes defendants were tried at Nuremberg" that's really not that many.

Thanks all,

No I have not been under a rock, but I do not watch TV or listen to public radio. I have my satellite dedicated music channels in my ESV and I work long days as a computer engineer, so I have never heard of this Beck person. Remember Washington State is a small place :D Plus I would rather be in the mountains skiing as much as possible or on the lake boating and fishing. :P

Thanks all,

No I have not been under a rock, but I do not watch TV or listen to public radio. I have my satellite dedicated music channels in my ESV and I work long days as a computer engineer, so I have never heard of this Beck person. Remember Washington State is a small place :D Plus I would rather be in the mountains skiing as much as possible or on the lake boating and fishing. :P

He's from Washington State originally, by the way.

Really, no wonder most here have not heard of him. We ignore our own citizens :D

Still amazed you had never heard of him, though...it's like not knowing who is President...do you ever read a newspaper (print or online)...he's been in the news so much that he's hard to avoid if you pay attention to national-level current events at all...

Really, no wonder most here have not heard of him. We ignore our own citizens :D

Still amazed you had never heard of him, though...it's like not knowing who is President...do you ever read a newspaper (print or online)...he's been in the news so much that he's hard to avoid if you pay attention to national-level current events at all...

Weird as I do pay attention to the news online as the last year has been a blur with me working in the hell hole called West Windsor NJ. Still do not understand why anyone would want to live there, but I actually have not heard his name much. I tend to pay attention to what goes on with Wallstreet, international news and let USATODAY give me national news, so I have not seen his name much till just the last couple weeks and the bumper stickers I have seen showing up around here in the Seattle area.

Thanks again for informing me. :)

He called the Peace Corp "nazi indoctrination"

I believe he went so far out there as to compare to the SS.

I think when Goebbels Beck goes to sleep, he can hear a billion big ol' Nazi boots marching down a hardwood floor.

LoL...got the new Rolling Stone in the mail today, skimmed an article about a guy named Alex Jones--even more paranoid than Beck, makes Beck look mellow..

Anyway, back to the thread subject--the math whiz kid is incredible..just hope he takes some time to do normal kid things as he grows up and doesn't end up a mess...

People with asperger's syndrome have difficulty forming personal relationships unfortunately.

It can be overcome, but it's not like some people who can socialize normally... it requires more effort.

It's essentially "functional," mild autism. In fact, the diagnostic manual is going to be eliminating "Aspberger's" within a couple years to re-classify it as a mild autism spectrum disorder.

EDIT: Because English doesn't work that way.

Edited by Croc

I am looking forward to this kid doing some amazing things. Forget the childhood, he will never be a normal average intelligence kid. He is Special. Companies will line up to pay him big bucks for his math skills.

I am looking forward to this kid doing some amazing things. Forget the childhood, he will never be a normal average intelligence kid. He is Special. Companies will line up to pay him big bucks for his math skills.

I could see him working for Google on search algorithms and analytics...

Naw, Cause that would mean Google is an evil empire. I thought people only thought that of Microsoft! :facepalm:

Skynet is pretty cool, just have to make sure we do not let it get free! :D

I'm not sure if I believe the whole 'Don't be evil' mantra of Google... agreed on Skynet, and who knows, maybe it will evolve from all the 'cloud' initiatives that are going on these days.. ;)

My work on cloud storage is very funky to say the least. All I can say is just double check to make sure where your storage really is located. You would be amazed how many companies send their data over seas not realizing that the country that has the cloud storage might not be the most secure country to the US.