I really wish people used common sense when taking photos.

Proper speling, grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation in the ad text would be nice too, but I might be asking for too much.

I really wish people used common sense when taking photos.

Proper speling, grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation in the ad text would be nice too, but I might be asking for too much.

You probably are. At least with a photo says a thousand words, they are spelled right, proper grammar, etc... assuming you put the whole subject in the photos.

Dude couldn't have stepped back two more steps and included the whole car in the first two shots? Then a shot of 25% of the interior thats not in shadow... and is the final shot a "before" cleaning shot?

Its potentially a very nice car, but you can't really see the important parts from the shadows and accidental cropping of the photos.

If this area was too tight for a full photo, take it somewhere else... they indicate it runs and drives... I'm sure that means it got a VERY dry start and a joy ride.

Tidbit... the inspection sticker is interesting... doesn't strike me as a '84 NJ inspection... Pennsy, perhaps?

^ Reminds me of that vintage NY stickers- 718 area code is NY, too.

Funny... I stopped thinking at Marlboro, NJ... didn't think about the phone number since _I_ have a NY phone number... and so does my sister, living in Cali. But 718 is for nearly all landlines.

Don't worry... I also have an old school '609' number and will always be '609' to the core... :-P

I have little experience with NY registration/inspection stickers, until 2000 when I bought two NY cars in quick succession... but its still kinda alien to me... the inspection stickers are RED this year in NYC... every time I see the GF's car, I think it failed inspection. It hasn't.

Edited by SAmadei

Can't say I'm a fan of the '74 frontend design:

1-DSC04157-400x300.jpg

Now a '75 would elicit a different emotion from me:

908.jpg

On a different note, I had a dream last night in which an elderly couple offered me their white with maroon interior '84 Grand Prix LE with t-tops for $600... a foretelling of the future??? :scratchchin:

Yeah, I've never cared for the '73-74 front ends on most B- and C- bodies (other than Chevys)...much prefer the '71-72 and the '75-76 rectangular light front ends..

The '73 P-O-Bs esp. looked awkward as far as the front bumper shapes, compared to earlier and later models, IMO..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heh ... we're alike in this. Though, my like is the Caprice Classic convertible of that vintage. I had someone ask me to buy a '74 CC convertible, knowing that I wanted one, but I turned it down ... because I much prefer the '75 front end.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_07.30.11_Cold.Treat *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Relight the flame when it's cold"__Godsmack__'Serenity'

Pontiac's full-size studio started to lose their moxie for the '70 MY. The strange front fascia piece, with the seam all the way around it and the too-narrow disharmonious grille is the start of the long greasy stylistic slide.

That said, I like the '70s & '71s, but you can have everything after that. Those 2 aren't good looking designs, moreso just weird (well... '70 is) :

53218286_pr.jpg