My Birthday's in May.....

I'm taking a week off in late May for my birthday and I'm trying to figure out where to go.....any suggestions?

I want somewhere tropical.....warm......that kinda stuff. A gay-popular place would be cool as well....

Carribean?

Key West?

Do any of you have any suggestions regarding either of those places or places I could go.....?

Brookville, PA.

:lol: HONK!

---

Let's see, Ft. Lauderdale and Key West have the reputations, so you might try there.

Other than those obvious two, I just know places that fit the "warm, nice" standard...Cancun, Puerto Vallarta, San Diego (yea, not much of a vacation for you, huh?)...the Carribean.

Late May? Let's see.

Strike out South America because they are about to enter winter. Rio might still be hanging in there but it is dangerous. I've been and don't like the sensation of looking over your shoulders. I can tell you more if you want.

Can you go to Europe? How about Greece? The weather is great at that time. Try the islands. Greek food in Greece sucks. I've had way better Greek food in the states and especially in Toronto.

In the states? Hmm.

How about South Padre? I will probably go next year in May when I finish a personal goal.

Key West? I have been once while visiting Miami. Two years after college, a friend of mine and I drove this rental Ninety Eight Regency all the way down (175 miles)...and all the way back in ONE day because it was such a disappointment. Key West does NOT have a sandy beach. It was all pebbles.

Hawaii...believe it or not, I'm from So Cal, and never been...don't want to go where its expensive and white people are referred to as "howlis" (Hawaiian derogative term) so f*c* those overweight ethnocentric Samoan islanders who hate us.

Have fun! Wherever you choose!

Can you go to Europe?  How about Greece?  The weather is great at that time.  Try the islands.  Greek food in Greece sucks.  I've had way better Greek food in the states and especially in Toronto.

Hey that's it! Forget Fire Island. Go tht Isle of Man! :lol:

Hey that's it! Forget Fire Island. Go tht Isle of Man! :lol:

What kind of grades did you get in geography? I think Isle of Man is somewhere in the UK. It's not in Greece, but Lesvos is. :lol:

Incidentally, a lot of the Greek Islands have a popular use name and then their real Greek name.

Lesvos or Lesbos = Mytilini

Santorini = Thyra

Corfu = Kerkyra

The Greek Islands are beautiful if you get past the pushy Greeks.

Once heard a joke told to me by a friend in Portland:

Q: What's a Greek?

A: A head-on collison between an Italian and a Jew.

Pretty true.

What kind of grades did you get in geography?  I think Isle of Man is somewhere in the UK.  It's not in Greece, but Lesvos is.  :lol:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I meant Europe in general. You'll notice the first thing you said previously was "Can you go to Europe?"

The Isle of Man is sort of in between Ireland, England and Scottland.

Edited by CD/BP

What kind of grades did you get in geography?  I think Isle of Man is somewhere in the UK.  It's not in Greece, but Lesvos is.  :lol:

Incidentally, a lot of the Greek Islands have a popular use name and then their real Greek name.

Lesvos or Lesbos = Mytilini

Santorini = Thyra

Corfu = Kerkyra

The Greek Islands are beautiful if you get past the pushy Greeks.

Once heard a joke told to me by a friend in Portland:

Q:  What's a Greek?

A:  A head-on collison between an Italian and a Jew.

Pretty true.

Yep, "I-love-man" is near the UK, and more important, they have no speed limits.

Well, if you go to Fire Island... I can meet up with you--I'm not too far  :AH-HA_wink:

Hmmm......that's an option I hadn't considered.......

But it would be great to meet you....! :AH-HA_wink:

What's Fire Island like? Is it resort-like? Is it more urban? How would you describe it...?

West Palm Beach.

The only part of Florida I like is Miami/Miami Beach. The rest is quite boring and sleepy for me.....I've been to Tampa (parents retired there), Orlando, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale....

Miami was cool because it was a bit edgy.....and Miami Beach was simply funky.

I've NOT been to Key West though and heard that WAS pretty cool....

Well, if you go to Fire Island... I can meet up with you--I'm not too far  :AH-HA_wink:

Thinking about Fire Island again.......with flights SO cheap between L.A. and N.Y., I can come spend a long-weekend ANY time out on Fire Island....

So maybe I'll try to plan that trip also sometime soon. Would you really come meet me? :scratchchin:

But I'd probably rather spend a whole week somewhere a bit different.....(I've been to New York a-gazillion times.)

I've NOT been to Key West though and heard that WAS pretty cool....

As I stated in an earlier post, it is NOT...IMHO. The beach is virtually nonexistent. Had a slice of key lime pie and within 3 to 4 hours, we hit the road back up to Miami. The road down there over all the different keys is pretty stunning, though. Get some Cuban pastries and put on some dance music (which is inevitable in Florida) and the cruise control in the rented sled and you're ready. Edited by trinacriabob

That banana icon has to go....it's getting too much use!  :lol:

That banana is making me horny......

:yes:

Seriously....now I'm looking at the U.S. Virgin Islands.....St. Croix, St. Thomas, or St. Barts...

American flies down there so I can use my frequent-flier points.....

That banana is making me horny......

:yes:

Seriously....now I'm looking at the U.S. Virgin Islands.....St. Croix, St. Thomas, or St. Barts...

American flies down there so I can use my frequent-flier points.....

Flyer has a "Y" not an "I" :deadhorse:

Perhaps I should use this smiley more often? :neenerneener:

Where the hell are you going, Ocn? Now that I see you've changed your signature to reflect seasonality and the ownership of a Speedo.

Spare us...don't put that in the Pictures album. We've seen enough. :lol: