Holden Getting A Cruze Wagon?

Holden Getting A Cruze Wagon?

William Maley - Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

May 30, 2011

post-10485-0-76462000-1306780248.png

If there is one question that GM Holden chairman and managing director Mike Devereux has been getting over the past few months, it would be this,

Will the Holden Cruze overtake the Commodore one day?

In which Devereux responds,

“I’m happy to sell whatever cars Australians want to buy. If they want to buy more Cruzes, then I’m fine with that.’’

It's easy to see why people have been asking Devereux this question since GM has started building Cruzes at their plant in Elizabeth, South Australia. The Cruze has been skyrocketing the sales charts since being introduced last year. This past month, Cruze sales stood at 2,582 vehicles sold, while the Commodore sold 3,075 vehicles. A difference of 493 vehicles.

Holden has also been readying the new Cruze hatch due out sometime later this year, which will boost sales even more. Now, there's news that will have more of the same question asked to Mike Devereux.

GM is looking at whether to bring a Cruze Wagon into the Australian market. It would give possible buyers a choice of a less-expensive and more fuel efficient wagon. The wagon would be built in Korea and sent to Australia.

Asked about possibly bring over a Cruze wagon, Devereux said,

“There’s certainly a market for wagons – we do very well with our (Commodore) Sportwagon. Whether or not the folks in the small car area would want a wagon, well, we will probably take a pretty good look at it.”

If GM approves the Holden Cruze Wagon, expect it in eighteen months.

Source: Goauto.com.au

If your going to make a rig and call it a wagon ..... make it a wagon not a slope back thats really a hatchback. The car above to me is just a hatchback.

I agree, but it's often a blurry line. IMO the only completely clear defining feature of a wagon vs hatch is a 3rd row, which hasn't existed outside of SUVs & crossovers for quite a while that I'm aware of.

Pretty sure I like that render better than the hatch. Bring it here!

Raise the rear of the render and you have a true rwangon.

Also make the door opening as WIDE the the inside walls.

Add a 190 DI 2.4L VVT and you have a good car for moving stuff.

Edited by RjION