It might be time to stock up a bit...

as prices are getting crazy around here....

Going to do a bit of stocking up on food (Water, stuff like that) because what used to be 2.49 for a case of water is now 3.99 in just a matter of a month or so...seems like everything is going up quick!

I'm starting repairing (or updating) the cars earlier to save a few bucks, and finish preparing for a rough rest of the year's weather.

Even stocking up on oil...can;t beat a synthetic at 3.38/qt....

Have you guys adjusted your habits as well?

Going to do a bit of stocking up on food (Water, stuff like that) because what used to be 2.49 for a case of water is now 3.99 in just a matter of a month or so...seems like everything is going up quick!

I buy all my water by the gallon at the dollar store... $1. Can't beat it with a stick... clear container and no taste, just like its supposed to be.

I buy all my water by the gallon at the dollar store... $1. Can't beat it with a stick... clear container and no taste, just like its supposed to be.

I can. $0.50 per gallon at Hannaford. :P

I can. $0.50 per gallon at Hannaford. :P

What the hell is a Hannaford?

Technically, I can beat $1 a gallon, but not in the crystal clear jugs. Anything I buy for less usually tastes funny to me.

I can get it for...um...I dont know how much out of my faucet.

If you can stomach it, fine. I can't live with the government's additives.

At the other house, I have three real wells... one has the cleanest water I have ever had... but I don't have it pumping right now.

I'm very picky about water... and later when some comprehensive impurity tests came out, it turned out the brands I like were all highly ranked, purity-wise. Otherwise, I have to drink something flavored. Thats one of the reasons people drank so much beer in the colonial days... as the water was so dreadful, beer was at least strong enough to take your mind off the foulness.

As far as stocking up... if everything goes to hell, I'm going to drive up to Dave's for supplies. ;-)

Technically, I can beat $1 a gallon, but not in the crystal clear jugs. Anything I buy for less usually tastes funny to me.

Grocery chain up here. It's good tasting spring water.

I've got a Pur water filter on the faucet but it, just like the 4 Britas before it, just doesn't hold up. The metal threads do, unlike the plastic threads on Brita filters, but the housing is falling apart. Can't be bothered to spend $50 or whatever to replace it when I can get $0.50 spring water, which I think tastes better anyway.

I've got a Pur water filter on the faucet but it, just like the 4 Britas before it, just doesn't hold up. The metal threads do, unlike the plastic threads on Brita filters, but the housing is falling apart. Can't be bothered to spend $50 or whatever to replace it when I can get $0.50 spring water, which I think tastes better anyway.

I use the Brita pitcher, which has lasted me 3 years and counting.

Our well water is pretty hard and not very nice tasting, so we have a water cooler and four 5-gallon jugs which we refill at Cortland Sparkle market for 25¢ a gallon.

We don't do well stocking up. Stuff always gets shoved into a dusty corner of a cupboard or the fridge and forgotten about until it's gone bad.

Somewhere we have one...haven't seen it since the move, I just like the taste of spring water better, and I won't use tap water in my Keurig because even filtered water will leave hard water deposits over time (the water here and where I used to live is hard).

Somewhere we have one...haven't seen it since the move, I just like the taste of spring water better, and I won't use tap water in my Keurig because even filtered water will leave hard water deposits over time (the water here and where I used to live is hard).

I've tried the Pur and the Brita... they don't work for me... try filter too slow and don't filter enough. Good at getting rid of chlorine, fluoride, some metals... but something is always left that tastes funny to me.

My mother and sister swear by them. So I explained that if they filter so great, we should be able to filter a glass of soda back into pure water.... So we took a dying filter and filtered a glass of Coke or diet Coke... I forget which. What I got was a glass of brown fluid that was distinctly NOT Coke anymore. It seemed to take the carbonation and sweetener out and a few other ingredients, but not all. I was really disappointed it could not filter the coloring out.

OTOH, I have finally found a FANTASTIC filtering system... but I forget the name. My aunt has it due to my uncle's health problems... and it cost them a lot of money... and the supplies are also crazy pricey... but I could not complain about the end result when I tried it. Clean, clean, tasteless water. You could even adjust the settings and PH you wanted. Probably the most technical household toy I ever saw concerning water.

Out in rural Ohio my Mom has a water softener that takes big bags of some sort of crystals..but it's water coming from an underground well...no water bill, no gas bill, only electricity and dish TV out there..