Cheers or Jeers: 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix

10 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! A personal luxury coupe from an era that still understood that a cute ute is not the answer to all of life's automotive questions.
    • Jeers! An overpriced and outdated boat. Yesterday's tech at tomorrow's prices.

Cheers or Jeers: 1977 Pontiac Grand Prix

1977 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ

Up for auction is one of the most highly optioned, rust free, numbers matching, original and beautiful 1977 Grand Prix LJ’s left in existence, it is truly a special car. As you can see it is triple black and the odometer has not rolled over and that is substantiated by the condition of the car and the tightness of the suspension. This beauty literally glides over just about any bump you can throw at her and takes corners without body roll.

It has a mild cam and a Flowmaster exhaust system mated to its 400 cubic inch Pontiac motor which produces such a pleasing rumble and truly bonds the “Personal Luxury” title that the Grand Prix was promoted with in 1977, with the brashness of the muscle car, The Best of both worlds.

It has great oil pressure, runs cool and has no known defects. I have owned it for over 2 ½ years and driven it over 4,000 miles. It always starts, never overheats, blows ice cold air and gets me there in comfort, in style and ALWAYS turns heads.

This car is the ultimate blend of muscle, luxury and beauty.

$%28KGrHqR,!jgE4E+o%28IeVBOQ0RzKDZ!~~0_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,!gsE4oPfbNlIBOQ0RuORQ!~~0_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqR,!lYE4lk1DffjBOQ0REPi8Q~~0_3.JPG

$%28KGrHqF,!h0E4qByC6BvBOQ0SYVBPw~~0_3.JPG

I told you guys that the colonnades were rising in value...

A very nice example at an accurate price.

Yeah from what I've seen lately this is very clean driver and well worth it. My buddy ended up with a 71 Nova at 10K a lil rough but lot's of mechanical updates ala HiPo

Another pontiac that I can't get into and the Olds doesn't do much for me either.

Oddly enough love the Olds of the Era, but not the Pontiac so much...the GP is a sweet car, but not my thing as it were.