Acura News: Are You The Acura NSX?

William Maley

William Maley

Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

December 29, 2011

In a couple weeks time, Acura will reveal the NSX concept at Detroit Auto Show. Auto Express has gotten some images of what the car could actually look like.

The pictures show the NSX sharing many things to a Acura concept car featured in new The Avengers movie. Sources inside Acura say the company will offer both a coupe and convertible version.

Power will come from Acura's 3.5L V6

driving one axle and a pair of in-wheel electric motors driving the other axle. This gives the NSX 400 HP and power going to all four wheels. 0-60 time will be under 5 seconds.

Source:

Auto Express

View full article

...with 156 less horsepower

i would have to guess they are going to push the handling aspects of the car over the straight line speed

That would make sense..that's what the original was all about. Not a drag racer.

Sounds awesome, I want to spend $90,000 on a car with performance equal to a Mustang or 3-series.

0-60 is but one dimension to performance....400hp is plenty enough if the balance is close to 50/50 and the weight under 3000lbs.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Last nsx had terrible weight distribution, didn't it? Like 40/60?

Not sure of the exact number, but it was widely considered as one of the best handling cars of the '90s..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Another auto built for the 5'8" crowd only. Any thing bigger and you will not fit in. Yea handling will really justify spending 90K. I think I will stick with the CTS V coupe. :D

Another auto built for the 5'8" crowd only. Any thing bigger and you will not fit in. Yea handling will really justify spending 90K. I think I will stick with the CTS V coupe. :D

Don't know what the dimensions of the new car are, but I fit in the original NSX just fine (6'0") w/ the seat all the way back... the ergonomics of the original were great, could actually see out of it in all directions, which is quite a feat for a mid-engined car..

My guess is a Lotus Exige whoops this thing in handling and will cost $30-40k less. I just don't see Acura making a good sports car, somehow it will end up on an Accord platform turned backward so it is rear engine/rear drive, rather than front engine/front drive. And the concept will no doubt have some mythical engine and the real car will get the Accord V6 with turbo and the CRZ's hybrid system.