Cheers or Jeers: 16,000 Mile 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special

5 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! An easy resto job! Or just throw a horse blanket over the seats and drive it as it is!
    • Jeers! I don't care how few miles it has, that thing is trashed.

Automatic Transmission!

CLEAN TEXAS TITLE!

RUNS GREAT!

This is the one you have been waiting for!

Here is a very rare opportunity to get yourself a very hard to find, and unique car. I've looked all over the internet, and the only 1956 cars I've been able to find are fully restored or completely rusted out. There doesn't appear to be anything out there that's still in its original, untouched condition to where an owner can decide for themselves what they would like to do! This really is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

This isn't your usual barn find. This car was acquired from it's second owner who owned the car since 1962. Good luck finding an all original car from 1956 that's a second owner! This car's owner bought it 49 years ago! Another thing that's special is that the car has spent its entire life right here in San Antonio, Texas! When we acquired the car from its owner, we picked it up right from the address its been registered to since 1962! The car having been here in San Antonio, Texas its whole life means that it's never been in a salty environment! That's nearly impossible to find on an unrestored car of this age. How many restored vehicles have you seen where the first thing they tell you was done during restoration was "replacing the floor pan"? Not this one! You've got the original floor pan and it's good to go! This car has had the same owner since 1962, and was driven actively until 1992 when after 30 years of faithful service the owner parked it due to declining health. The car runs and drives! You won't believe the condition it's in! If you wanted to turn this car into a show winner you easily could! The paint looks great, and all the car's chrome trim is still there and looks fantastic! You've got a blank canvas! You're getting the original running and driving engine and transmission with this car. It runs and drives fine. The original fuel tank was rusted inside (because it was sitting) so we did install a fuel cell in the trunk to work temporarilly till the next owner could do a proper restoration. The tires are very old but hold air well, and the exhaust needs work and of course with a car that's been sitting for 20 years I wouldn't just hop in it and drive it down the highway like it was new yesterday. I would give it a full mechanical once over for safety's sake, but what's important is that this isn't a barn find sitting on blocks! This is a running and driving original beauty! The interior is all original, and as you can see it's all dried out just as any car that is 55 years old would be so the interior would need to be completely replaced, but once again everything is there! You are not missing any parts! You could easily drive the car around as it is, but a 1956 model car that's completely intact like this should be given the treatment it deserves and restored into a show winner! There's so few of these left, and none that I've ever seen that's completely intact like this one is!

Well how much? You might ask. I'm listing the car with the intention to sell it. Although I won't disclose the reserve, it's set reasonably. I realize that it will take a lot of hard work to restore this car into a winner, but by the same token this car isn't sitting in a field with a tree growing through the hood either. You'd spend a lot of time and thousands of dollars trying to round up all the parts that are complete and intact with this car, and even then you don't have an all original body, engine, and transmission and you surely don't have a clean cut ownership history like this car offers. It's like a clean canvas for an artist. You have everything you need. Instead of buying someone else's restoration you can decide how you want this car to be restored! By restoration standards, this car really isn't a tough job as you can see. It's priced accordingly. With these cars disappearing from the earth slowly one car at a time, its safe to say this may be your last chance to get a quality 1956 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special Sedan that's this good! Don't miss your opportunity to own this beautiful car! You will not be disappointed! Bid early and follow the auction to the end, don't let another bidder with a couple of quick clicks of the mouse in the final minutes of the auction take your dream car away from you! Don't settle for second best! Get the car you have always dreamed of owning! Don't let this wonderful opportunity pass you by!

56cadillac01.jpg

56cadillac09.jpg

56cadillac19.jpg

56cadillac23.jpg

56cadillac62.jpg

I know the TX heat is rough on car interiors, but that's NOT the interior of a 16K mile car. Upholstery is not just split, there's chunks missing.

Look at the wear on that gas pedal. Not buying the mileage claim on this one; IMO it's 116K.

Still, for a S60S with A/C, I have to give it a Cheer (tho I'd very much so prefer either a CdV or an ES).

The coupes with the Florentine roofline are just so dreamy.

It does appear to have sloppy jamb work. Who knows, maybe it's a basket case under a quickie paint job.

The paint condition seems inconsistent w/ the rest of the car..rusty under the hood, rusty trunk, rusty floors, trashed interior...very strange...

• 1 month later...