2013 Ford Escape

touched and sat in the 013 Escape today! got a couple pics will post later.

Very nice looking in person. Good packaging. Engine compartment is efficient. Front seats are roomy. Rear a tad tight maybe. Overall, vehicle is larger in flesh than pics indicate. Also looks more dynamic in the flesh than pics.

Interior design is Focus 3.0....similar layout, but more flashy. I thought interior plastics could be a bit nicer though. Leather and seats were stylish.

Trunk decent size. Seems a little smaller inside overall than the CX5 but that is not a scientific judgment.

Didn't drive it, but the exit the little SUV seemed to haul some arse.......

38 grand! the big moonroof is amazing.

I saw a white one on the road last week... probably a mfgr vehicle out testing. Saw one in person at Barrett-Jackson in January, they look a lot bigger in person than I thought they would be..

i have a beef with the D pillar? on the new escape. Pretty insubstantial...... I'd like to see more muscle on the sheetmetal at the end of the car.

I'd sort of like less of a taper on the roof towards the rear also.....

Edited by regfootball

Thanks, GMTG, for that side-by-side illustration. You've confirmed it for me: the outgoing model, while familiar, is better looking and more suited to its role in the Ford truck lineup than this new tall Focus wagon.

The new Escape should have been penned to resemble the truck side rather than the car side.

• Agree 2

The current one looks old..they haven't changed the styling much since the original. As far as the D-pillar, that window shape seems very common on compact CUVs...the new Mazda CX-5 and many others have it..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, GMTG, for that side-by-side illustration. You've confirmed it for me: the outgoing model, while familiar, is better looking and more suited to its role in the Ford truck lineup than this new tall Focus wagon.

The new Escape should have been penned to resemble the truck side rather than the car side.

True....