Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cheers or Jeers: 2,000 Mile 1989 Pontiac Trans Am 20th Anniversary Turbo Pace Car

Cheers or Jeers: 2,000 Mile 1989 Pontiac Trans Am 20th Anniversary Turbo Pace Car  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! Collectible and economical!
    • Jeers! Least interesting generation for the F-bodies.

1989 Trans Am 20th Anniversary - Investment Grade Mint Showroom Condition with only 2421 miles. Of the 1555 20th anniversary cars built 23 years ago there may only be a few with this low of mileage in existence. This car is showroom new and has been stored in a climate control atmosphere since new. The car has the original window sticker, owners manual, dealer paper work and a full book of documentation since it was purchased. I have collected low mileage original Trans Ams over the years and have watched the values continue to rise.These 20th anniversary TA's in this condition will soon see the apreciation that the 70's models have seen. This was one of the fastest production cars in it's time and a very fun car to drive. Take a look at the pictures as they tell the story of how nice and well preserved this car is. If you have any questions or would like to set up a time to inspect give me a call or message me. I do have the car for sale locally so I reserve the right to end this auction.

KGrHqNokE9mgmJSvBP3m4MIJV60_57.jpg

KGrHqZhIE9s-mUhvBP3m6jgv60_57.jpg

When you hear one of these or a GN Buick pull up to a christmas tree, it's awesome, the sound. And then they fly, and what you hear is that fierce whistle of the turbocharger above all, and it's like you're at Cape Canaveral. So yes. Yes please sir.

Sharp car...wasn't the '89 IPC the Firebird w/ the special rear hatch (tunneled rear window, not the usual big glass window like this one)...or was that another year?

No, the notchback Firebirds where made in 1988 as an option on GTAs. Rumor has it that a few '89 GTAs also got them. Production in '88 was something like 718.

Only reason the '89 TTA is the fastest TA of all time is because the LS1 4th gens got governors. I'd also argue that the quickest is in doubt, as well, as LS1 4th gens could do a 4.7 sec 0-60... close enough to the 4.6 sec 0-60 claim of the '89. Granted, the 4th gens are slightly heavier, but the extra power of the LS1 should have made it quicker in capable hands if optioned right, IMHO.