RjION

Still driv'n this thing

39 posts in this topic

Not sure if GM will get me to buy a new car any time soon.

post-2804-0-36931600-1342402316_thumb.jp

Edited by RjION

I like what you've done with it.

Nice job on keeping it clean and new like.

Rj, what are your requirements? The Buick Verano is really nice. I'd love to see you post a pic of a lowered, turbo manual Verano.

You've done a great job keeping that Ion looking good. How's the Solstice?

And I second oncblu's recommendation of a new Buick Verano; I know you're not crazy about the Chevy Cruze, right?

Sweet, looks better than anything I own....

Requirements................Build me a Chevy or Buick thats equipt just like my ION 3 with the enhanced performace package. Yes I know some other crap like TPMS will be on the car so the price will go up.....thats fine. But I rather have auto headlamps, auto dimming rear view mirror and map light then a blue tooth or yellow teeth.

EDIT PS: The Solstice, hey I got that thing for almost nothing, it's a base little slug thats fun to drive. Oh and for those that have never had one .... you can get alot of crap in the back with the top down. I would have never thought it possible.

Edited by RjION

I'll get out a get a picture of it with the new wheels on it............but hey still I'd like a new car with about he same power to weight and the same euipment. I don't need any more and don't want anything less.

Turbo Verano sounds like a lot of fun!

Ok I took a shot this morn'n of the latest set of wheels I put on this thing. Not that I didn't like the last ones....just didn't like the look of 16's. I hope the turbo Verano cames standard with map lights, auto headlamps, foglamps, auto dimming mirror w/ temp and compass, 6disc, cloth, and NO sunroof. I have no use for bluetooth, a home theater, or nav so they can save that crap for options.ION3W394_hf.jpg

Look Great with the bigger rims.

I hope the turbo Verano cames standard with map lights, auto headlamps, foglamps, auto dimming mirror w/ temp and compass, 6disc, cloth, and NO sunroof.

Map lights - check

auto headlamps - check

foglamps - at least optional

auto dimming mirror - check

temp/compass - not in mirror, but yes they are there

6 disc - changers are being phased out across all manufacturers, sorry

cloth - probably leather or leatherette standard

sunroof - will be your choice

Plastic seats what a joy, leather almost as bad, can do without the 6 disc. Will not buy if a sunroof is standard.

Plastic seats what a joy, leather almost as bad, can do without the 6 disc. Will not buy if a sunroof is standard.

Yea for me at 6'6" tall, sun roofs eat up valuable head room. I will pass on them also.

Glad to know others hate sun roofs well....

Of course, one of my cars has an infinite sunroofs, as does on of Rjion's....but rag tops are different...

I use the sunroof in my vehicle all the time, usually tipped up to aid in venting heat out. But if it weren't there I wouldn't miss it.

Bout the only time the tops up ................. and one more reason a new car is not in my future.

post-2804-0-32318800-1352077496_thumb.jp

Edited by RjION

sweet

Sun roofs are nice but would not miss it, I like my head room more. But then GM Dealers seem to think if an auto has a sunroof everyone wants one and i have never found them without.

Perfect example is I have plenty of room for sitting up straight the way I like in my 2006 Escalade ESV, but the new Escalades I have to be reclined as they do not have the interior room and even in the rare escalade I found with no sun roof, I still could not sit up straight. Yes I did make sure the seat was all the way down, but GM seems to have stopped allowing to the floor sitting position so us really tall guys are pretty much out of luck on the current generation of SUV's. :(