Listen carefully

ocnblu

So far the reviews have been good. The 3 I have read all said it is at the top of the class. They said the only two cars to consider in this group were the Fiat or Spark. They said the Fiat has the styling but the Spark was a little better in handling.

No one likes the IQ.

I'm just laughing that some dopey old sales/internet manager cares so little about the Spark, that he loaded the YouTube video prompting the voiceover to say "SPRINT" instead of Spark. If Chevrolet salespeople are that out of touch and uncaring about the product, how are they going to connect with customers?

And the little lady is bowled over by its cuteness in the other video, which also has mistakes in it (cloth and leather interior???) ... and too much wind in the microphone.

This is the time to give this little car a serious, advantageous, uplifting roll-out. Both of these dealer-produced videos SUCK. Sometimes, salespeople are their own worst enemy, expecting potential customers to be clueless in the internet age, when they're anything but. They are guaranteed to lose some customers because they know not of what they speak.

So far the reviews have been good. The 3 I have read all said it is at the top of the class. They said the only two cars to consider in this group were the Fiat or Spark. They said the Fiat has the styling but the Spark was a little better in handling.

No one likes the IQ.

The iq is seriously lame...

Scion has shot themselves in the foot with every car they have brought out since the original xB, which still isn't that fantastic of a car. Trust me, my wife wanted one so we bought it...she now drives a Cooper S and my son droves the crap box to his job.

The fiat has good handling, not as good as the Chevy, but the interior ergonomics suck big-time, I think.

No one likes the IQ.

Scion has shot themselves in the foot with every car they have brought out since the original xB, which still isn't that fantastic of a car. Trust me, my wife wanted one so we bought it...she now drives a Cooper S and my son droves the crap box to his job.

The fiat has good handling, not as good as the Chevy, but the interior ergonomics suck big-time, I think.

The fact is the whole Scion deal is as lame as the Saturn deal. Was there really any need to make Toyota's that need to be called a Scion?

The Fiat issue is the styling sells it but will the quality be there for more than 4 years. They are cheap when you really look at one and for what you pay I find it not up to standards.

No one likes the IQ.

The fact is the whole Scion deal is as lame as the Saturn deal. Was there really any need to make Toyota's that need to be called a Scion?

The Fiat issue is the styling sells it but will the quality be there for more than 4 years. They are cheap when you really look at one and for what you pay I find it not up to standards.

This is a huge problem with a lot of modern cars...Subaru and Toyota for example. While I love the FRS-BRZ, they have horrible quality paint. Easily the worst fit and finish of anything I've test driven this year.

And while the Abarth Fiat makes all of the right noises, it still really suffers from being built on such an ungodly cheap platform.

I nearly lost my lunch when the narrator in the 2nd video said "This is the kinda stuff you see on Camaros"

• Agree 1

No one likes the IQ.

This is a huge problem with a lot of modern cars...Subaru and Toyota for example. While I love the FRS-BRZ, they have horrible quality paint. Easily the worst fit and finish of anything I've test driven this year.

And while the Abarth Fiat makes all of the right noises, it still really suffers from being built on such an ungodly cheap platform.

I agree. The press falls all over cars like this and 20 years from now the GM cars will still be trucking along. How many Grand Am's and Barrettas do you see round with 300,000 miles. They may not be pretty but they are still on the road.

Of these small cars how many will still be around 12 years from now. I bet the Spark will be one of the few still running in the rust belt.

I agree. The press falls all over cars like this and 20 years from now the GM cars will still be trucking along. How many Grand Am's and Barrettas do you see round with 300,000 miles. They may not be pretty but they are still on the road.

Maybe in some areas, but I never see those around... I see very few GM models in day-to-day traffic that are older than 10-15 years old..

Maybe in some areas, but I never see those around... I see very few GM models in day-to-day traffic that are older than 10-15 years old..

It is funny but I even saw 2 different Citations in the last week. Barretta's are very common and they may not be pretty but they keep on running. I saw even saw a beat up Pace car one Saturday. Most old GM cars are the choice for winter beaters or first cars for high school kids. They are easy to find, cheap and easy to repair and keep on running and running.

The guy I work with has a Grand Am that is on the original engine and tranny and will hit 300,000 this fall.

Now keep in mind that we also live in the snow belt of ohio where they even salt the road when the sun is out and they are clear.

On the other hand it is rare to see any Asian cars older than 12 years old. Most have rotted away or were more expensive to fix than they were worth. An very old Honda here is rare.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Agree 1

It is funny but I even saw 2 different Citations in the last week. Barretta's are very common and they may not be pretty but they keep on running. I saw even saw a beat up Pace car one Saturday. Most old GM cars are the choice for winter beaters or first cars for high school kids. They are easy to find, cheap and easy to repair and keep on running and running.

The guy I work with has a Grand Am that is on the original engine and tranny and will hit 300,000 this fall.

Now keep in mind that we also live in the snow belt of ohio where they even salt the road when the sun is out and they are clear.

On the other hand it is rare to see any Asian cars older than 12 years old. Most have rotted away or were more expensive to fix than they were worth. An very old Honda here is rare.

Exactly....

And while I like Miatas and such...

There are older Asian cars that seem to hold up around here though. Older Celicas were built like tanks. But then again, Toyota cheapened the product.

We were pretty much given a 92 Celica for my son to drive (actually, one of his friends died and we kind of "inherited the car, sadly...).

Amazing how much better built that thing is than the xB my wife bought is...

And other than the Miata and a few Subies, most of the Asian stuff I agree is rather lightly built.

I'm not even seeing very many first gen Mazda threes around here, and they are way newer than Beretta's...

Exactly....

And while I like Miatas and such...

There are older Asian cars that seem to hold up around here though. Older Celicas were built like tanks. But then again, Toyota cheapened the product.

We were pretty much given a 92 Celica for my son to drive (actually, one of his friends died and we kind of "inherited the car, sadly...).

Amazing how much better built that thing is than the xB my wife bought is...

And other than the Miata and a few Subies, most of the Asian stuff I agree is rather lightly built.

I'm not even seeing very many first gen Mazda threes around here, and they are way newer than Beretta's...

What does a older Celica look like? It has been a while. With few around and even then they blend in too that does not help I seldom see them here.

It will be interesting to see how long the Hyundai's and Kia's last. They are already having rust issues here. I have seen more than one Santa Fe with rust stains from the rear wiper hole. The Sonata has already had TSB's here for sub frame rust.

Edited by hyperv6

Quite different here in the dry Southwest...I see a lot more '90s Asian and European cars than domestics of that era in the daily commute. I can't recall the last time I saw a Beretta, Lumina, or any FWD GM that old.

Quite different here in the dry Southwest...I see a lot more '90s Asian and European cars than domestics of that era in the daily commute. I can't recall the last time I saw a Beretta, Lumina, or any FWD GM that old.

You have to keep in mind we also have more domestic and you have more Asian cars to start with and that factors in.

You have to keep in mind we also have more domestic and you have more Asian cars to start with and that factors in.

True enough..I remember seeing a lot of domestics in NE Ohio when I lived there 20 years ago..

• 3 weeks later...

LOL, wish I had a dollar for everytime I did that to a Chevette, nuk...nuk...nuk...