Other stuff I've been eyeballing

Ugh. And all that traveling...

He has had a run of bad luck that's run a couple of years...kind of waiting for it to break and things to get better for him!

Both trucks were far more rotted than I could stomach, had to say no. Then, couldn't find a way home until 68 came to the rescue and volunteered to drive me back. I arrived to find that the dogs had had an awful fight.

Just not a very good 36 hour period.

That sucks. Sorry you went all that way and neither truck panned out. Disappointing the seller didn't give you a detailed enough description to avoid the trip...

Thanks for the efforts BP, but I think I'll stay closer to home and bide my time a bit.

Might even re-think the parameters. I've been hoping for an all-in-one solution, and that may be just too hard to find.

Find a truck that meets 80-90% of your requirements and then realize that you can usually add the rest to truly meet your needs.

I have yet to ever find an auto that meets my needs 100%.

Well, the requirements are what they are. Nothing will satisfy all of the wants, but the basics have to be met.

I've found plenty of high mileage examples locally that have decent bodies, and a pair of low-mileage examples with rotted bodies and structure. I just want to find a low mileage truck with a plow and a decent body.

I want it to be nice enough that I can dump the ROPOS and the Tahoe.

But I may have to just replace one at a time.

Look up "nice" in the dictionary and there's a picture of this.

North Great River is probably about a half hour from me, and I'd be willing to do some recon work for you,

Look up "nice" in the dictionary and there's a picture of this.

North Great River is probably about a half hour from me, and I'd be willing to do some recon work for you,

THAT is a nice looking truck!

I did find something that would be a half-solution, a 2-door Yukon with a plow and 110k miles.

It could replace the Tahoe, and I could keep my eyes open for a truck or work on finishing Mothertruck with the Tahoe money.

Not the quick, replace two with one, solution I want - but it would be a step forward.

The thing is, pricing on plow trucks will only get worse after this month.

And, I had hoped to keep the momentum from selling the vette going...

That white Silverado 2500 in CT is still calling :AH-HA:

I may take a ride and investigate it anyway -- supposed to rain, so not much else to do...

White truck wasn't on the lot. Sales guy I spoke with said it was out getting mechanical repairs done...brake lines and some issue with the transmission cross-member... So maybe not a viable candidate. He did say the body was good and it ran well.

Also said it's a little early for 'truck season', maybe more alternatives will appear in the coming months.

White truck wasn't on the lot. Sales guy I spoke with said it was out getting mechanical repairs done...brake lines and some issue with the transmission cross-member... So maybe not a viable candidate. He did say the body was good and it ran well.

Also said it's a little early for 'truck season', maybe more alternatives will appear in the coming months.

Thanks for taking a look! It seems all of the trucks in New England need brake lines - bloody salt!

Thanks for taking a look! It seems all of the trucks in New England need brake lines - bloody salt!

No problem. I'll keep my eyes open.

I just did new rotors and pads on my GMC earlier in the year and was surprised the shop DIDN'T tell me I needed new lines! Several New England states switched to this green stuff as a snow pre-treatment for the roads. Prior to that, the GM frame coating on my truck was intact after 9 years. After the past few winters, I can't say that anymore...it seems to eat everything!

I've been looking at trucks here and you have my sympathy....I've seen a lot of stuff that's just been beaten to death, even trucks only a few years old.

Keep looking!

Balthy: Whatever that first one you posted was, it got flagged and removed.

Z: I've been tempted by 2500 Avalanches - even though they are soooo ugly. The one you posted would serve, but this will be a cash purchase and that's more cash than I have to spend right now.

I'm leaning toward just buying that plain Jane 2WD Chevy for now and leaving the plow truck for another time.

Jeep dealer has an extended cab shortbed Base Plus 2005 2WD 1500, dark gray with the chrome steel wheels and I think a 4.3 (eighth digit is an X). Situated amongst newer used trucks, I've got to say it looks tiny and cool. It's automatic though.

Horse: Things are ok, I've just been really busy and a bit frustrated. I want to resolve this truck thing.

BP: That one sounds too good to be true...

You never know! I can check it out easily, so we'll see if the seller responds.

My plane sounded too good to be true when I read the ad too...and it had no pictures, but it was the real deal when I investigated. Sometimes sellers just don't advertise well...