2013 Malibu - Your Changes?

ocnblu

The new Malibu has a more athletic look than before. But it has no "Sport" trim package to spice things up, like Ford's Fusion and Toyota's Camry, two formidable rivals. The Kia Optima has a relatively sporty look, too, in higher trims.

I'd like to see Chevy add a low-cost Sport trim package to the Malibu. A manual transmission is still offered in certain iterations of the competition, as well, including its main domestic foe... Fusion.

If Chevy were to take, say, a 1LT Malibu and offer this package: 2.5L with 6 speed manual (optional automatic, of course). 18 inch unique alloys. Foglamps and low rear spoiler. Sport cloth seats and metallic interior trim... I think it would sell pretty well.

Since the 2.0t is going to be priced in the stratosphere and only offered on the luxury model LTZ basically, I see a niche for something mild yet cool like this in the lineup.

It can't hurt, with Malibu seemingly the underdog in the class.

i like your ideas to create a cost effective sport package.

i actually stopped at the chevy place today and it was worth my while because they had a new 2.5 LS. MSRP was 23k or a little more. Looked really good for the price. Alloys and everything. The only real option you'd need that it was missing was mylink. Really liked the non-faux wood trim.

My only real knock on the BU is rear leg room.

I would avoid the Sport Model on the Bu as it is really not a major factor in this class. Now a Cruze with a 2.0 Turbo package and F5 suspension would be a better option.

Can't say too much yet on the new Bu overal yet as I have yet to be in one that was not an Eco yet.

The common things I would have liked are to have retained the rear seat room as it was class leading. I also would have refreshed the nose with the new Chevy nose. It looks too much like a Cruze and dates the new styling.

Needs a real hybrid, the Fusion gets 47/47 mpg, makes the Malibu Eco look pretty sad.

Not a fan of the back end styling, it costs too much for what you get, design of the interior is pretty good, but it could use some more in build quality. Haven't driven one to know how it feels, but the Malibu has nothing at all that wows me to make it even worth considering. The 2013 Fusion looks fantastic and gets 47 mpg, that is going to get people to the dealership to look at one.

i think chevy will be all in with some incentives to move these things and i am guessing a lot of them will be LS and LT1's.

That leaves room at the top for the much more expensive Impala in the future.

An LS manual 2.5 with some bigger wheels and Mylink would be about all I need. The automatic would work fine also. Moonroof would be a nice option.

I'd like to see cloth heated seats on the Malibu.

Seen a few 2013 Altimas, already tired of them. Not a fan of the grille and overall they look too similar to the 12's.

Have to admit, a 2.0 manual turbo Malibu in basic trim I would like and I'd even prefer it over a Verano now.

Edited by regfootball

• 2 weeks later...