Cheers or Jeers: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro 396

9 members have voted

1. 1. Cheers or Jeers?

• Cheers! An affordable project that even the unskilled novice can complete!
    • Jeers! I like how he wants to charge extra for the two dry rotted old tires.

Car is listed to sell as is or will be scraped so please do not bid unless you can pick car up or have a source that will pick up car. Larger Frieght companies will not being car DOES NOT ROLL!!! So bid to buy and be paid for.

JUST FOUND!!!

1969 Camaro factory X22 A/C 4 speed maroon with a black vinyl top project car that was just found where it has been sitting for many years since late 70s when at some point it was in a front and rear end accident and used for a parts car where it lays today. This car was a great car when it was alive, A maroon SS RS big block 396 325 or 350 hp 4 speed A/C with a black vinyl top car. which would have made it the perfect family (wife liked) camaro instead of the high hp camaro that could not have A/C and would not start on those cold mornings as the 375hp plus cars did. So it would have been a great daily driver with cold R12 blowing on the inside on those summer days and great starter on those cold winter mornings. It is coded with the SS RS X22 option and still retains some of its parts, but it is in very rough shape and has many things removed and used on other cars over the years but still remains a real deal SS RS as seen rough untouched project find. disc brakes and 12 bolt were removed at some point as well as the drivers side door jam, quarter panel section drivers door etc, as can be seen in the pics. It retains 2 of the dated sport wheels with redline tires currently that were sitting with the car(They are NOT included with car but can be Purchased separately. . Tags are there but vin is a little rusty but still somewhat legible as a 124379Nxxxxx being there has not been a windshield in car for many years. what is seen on car is what is included in this auction except sport wheels.

Trim tag info

69 12437 NOR?????? (bracket in the way)

712 N/A

01C X22

Overall car still needs a restoration or used for parts through out but will be worth more that some houses out there when finished. The realness of this car can be seen in the pictures and car speaks for itself. The car is sold as is as seen in pics. A Non refundable $500.00 Deposit is due with in 48 hours of auction end. Winning bidder will get a State Rhode Island Notarized bill of sale only. The state of Rhode Island does not issue titles for cars or trucks 10 years or older only bills of sale of property only.

$T2eC16hHJGoE9nuQho!4BQYh34izG!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJB8F!h3liKG,BQYh4Fk5EQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16dHJIIE9qTYLicoBQYh4gltYQ~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16dHJF8E9nnC8Hc-BQYh5MgwZg~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16NHJHEE9ny2qTvCBQYh5v5%28ZQ~~60_57.JPG

Jeers...to the idiot that allowed this to happen. May his ass be glued to the driver's seat of a 1985 MItsubishi Precis for the rest of eternity.

In the second pic above there's a '70 Chevelle sitting there right in front of it that will likely meet the same fate. :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

wheel_N66-s.jpg..........oh jeez, DUH... I didn't realize it was this wheel I was looking at. I am so used to seeing these on Chevelles and loving them... "The N66 wheel, aka the SS wheel, had very limited production in the beginning of the 69 model year before being cancelled effective 1/8/69."

Interesting fact. I know these wheels were on '70 Chevelles, and I don't know what else.

Edited by ocnblu

They (the Sport Wheel, code N66) were also available on Nova SS, now that I think of it I do remember seeing them on Novas, but never Camaros.

And Moltie, I really like those wheels you speak of, too. I just had a thought that an updated version of that wheel might look good on the new Camaro, but reconsidered... usually the giant diameter of today's car wheels don't translate well to retro design, imo.

Edited by ocnblu

Shoot, I never thought about it... but Camaro and Nova shared dashboards in 1969. There are trim differences, and Camaro's top pad is different, but wow...

That is fascinating...never noticed the resemblance, but it looks like the basic structure (remove the pad and the instrument cluster insert) is the same... the '68 Nova had a different dash design from the '69-72, BTW.

They (the Sport Wheel, code N66) were also available on Nova SS, now that I think of it I do remember seeing them on Novas, but never Camaros.

And Moltie, I really like those wheels you speak of, too. I just had a thought that an updated version of that wheel might look good on the new Camaro, but reconsidered... usually the giant diameter of today's car wheels don't translate well to retro design, imo.

It would be nice to bring back some of the wheel styles with a modern take for new models. :P

Too Funny looking at the photo's again, I see they actually had a tow harness bolted to the bumper. What Moron uses a camero to tow with. Silly stupid rednecks.