Which car would you like to see become a Hybrid

BlkHhr104

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which car would you like to see become a Hybrid

• Impala
    • CobaltMalibu
    • Aveo

A hybrid would ruin the image of the impala. i like the malibu as it is it has the right amount of power. Cobalt i could see but i thought the Aveo could use a greener engine

A hybrid would ruin the image of the impala. i like the malibu as it is it has the right amount of power.

Cobalt i could see but i thought the Aveo could use a greener engine

[post="9418"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I disagree totally, within 5-6 years almost every car will be available in Hybrid form, and it will become more popular than normal driveline. Believe it or not it is the way of the future, it is just like fuel injection, started on certain models, ended up on all. With cars like the Accord with more power than the V6 and better economy than the 4 cylinder who would not opt for it once price drops. The environment will be the new cool!

I'd say Malibu Maxx, then Cobalt, then Equinox and HHR, then 2008-09 Malibu. I'd give Aveo, Cobalt, and maybe Malibu Z90 editions-Z90 of course was the code for optional diesel engines, fitted into a few 1981-86 Chevettes. Start them at about LS level (LT for 2006 Cobalt/Malibu), maybe only make 2,000-3,000 each, maybe they'd find a niche market-put in the 1.7-liter turbodiesel (Isuzu or Fiat-the one used in the European Opel/Vauxhall Corsa), a 1.9-liter or so for Cobalt, and whatever larger 2.0/2.2-liter or such for Malibu from the European Vectra.

I'd say Malibu Maxx, then Cobalt, then Equinox and HHR, then 2008-09 Malibu. I'd give Aveo, Cobalt, and maybe Malibu Z90 editions-Z90 of course was the code for optional diesel engines, fitted into a few 1981-86 Chevettes. Start them at about LS level (LT for 2006 Cobalt/Malibu), maybe only make 2,000-3,000 each, maybe they'd find a niche market-put in the 1.7-liter turbodiesel (Isuzu or Fiat-the one used in the European Opel/Vauxhall Corsa), a 1.9-liter or so for Cobalt, and whatever larger 2.0/2.2-liter or such for Malibu from the European Vectra.

[post="9753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Great idea on the diesel scene. They should atleast give a try to see how people would react. They should have enough capacity to throw in 10,000 or so Cobalts & Malibus for us to try out.

I voted Impala. If it can get 30mpg wiht the 3.4 pushrod how about 45mpg wiht the ecotec and a pair of electric motors.

i like gas guzzleing cars and trucks they sound so good all these cheap hybrid crap is going to ruint he auto industry. i mean i rather have 2 jobs so i can drive a normal car than some plastic POS with some 2 cylinder 1000000 MPGOLH (miles per Gallon of Liquid Hydrogen) they sound like a dulled weedwacker. who will go to auto shows for that. i like going to auto shows and feeling the bass and raw noise of big muscle cars. also i hate invironmentilist cuz they r the reason way gas is so high its not the war or any thing environmentilts wont let us build refinerys thats all we need in a town that was completely normal in michigan was destroyed by environmentelist when they rallied form a diffent state and shut down the refinery. a town of 130,000 was ruined stuck with out jobs. they are all homeless now with nothing but wut they paid off when they there job. so instead of closing open them that will also bring jobs. but anyway i will prollay wont buy a hybrid car. i rather walk. dont try to convince me either i wont change my mind. besides fuel injection was a small change at first not excepted but now it is there was no difference between FI than Carb except starting and tuning. Remember its only my opinion but it has fact just you see around them