GMTruckGuy74

2014 Chevrolet Silverado Regular Cab

30 posts in this topic

Weird...it seems like the regular cab is only available in the lower trims.

THANK YOU SIR

This is awesome!

EDIT: Moltie, it's a similar setup to what they have on the 900. The WT trims, esp # 2, offer a bit more niceties than before, WT 2 takes over from LS I guess.

I would get an LT shortbed reg cab 4X4, plenty good enough for me. It looks great in reg cab...

You can still order the reg cab in WT 1/2, LT and Z71 LT trims. There has been no advancement, but no retreat, something reg cab fans should be grateful for.

Edited by ocnblu

Interesting mix up front on the W/T : satin black, matte black and matte grey.

Overall, a nice blocky trucky truck ! :smilewide:

Looks like the grille texture is linked to the Z71 package...I like the Z71 grille.

It's on my favorites. And a Brownstone reg cab LT shortbed 2WD is my desktop background. For today. Tomorrow it might be a different color, like Tungsten. Or Blue Topaz. Or Ruby Red. Or Blue Granite.

I'm glad the base WT has matching black bumpers front and rear this time. It was goofy having a blacked-out front end with a chrome rear bumper as on the 900 base truck. Much more cohesive.

^ It's always heartwarming to witness someone falling in love. :P

It'd have to be a long-bed for me, I don't understand short beds. ;) That said, I have a 'short bed +' (6.5') :banghead:

Yup, I guess it's obvious. I am in love with the new Silverado, tempered only by my desire to see the US Colorado/Canyon before a decision is made. I've got time.

My next vehicle, unless another tragedy befalls me, will be a new GM pickup truck.

Reg cab, longbed looks spiffy too, balthy!

The regular cab short box is absolutely gorgeous.

In LT, with the 18" double-spoke rims... :drool:

Sharp! How'd you get that to post?

Here are the two possibilities I would consider, either color for either body style.

post-1267-0-77597600-1356912406_thumb.jp

post-1267-0-76096000-1356912481_thumb.jp

Just resave it as a different file type, like jpg.

Edited by Delta Force79

736751_10200340924794044_1227718175_o.jpg

With the new 4.3L and all its horsepower and efficiency enhancements, plus the 6 speed auto in a 2WD with G80 locker and 3.42 gears, a rig like this should get better mileage (hopefully), on average, than my Patriot. Plus it would have a much longer cruising range.

I love how they all look so level in the CGI... I wonder if they'll still have that "butt in the air" stance of the 900 in real life? Ford and Dodge don't suffer with such nonsense.

Edited by ocnblu

Shadow looks a bit dicey around the driver frt tire....

Delta- that black RC/LB looks fantastic- that would be my vote, too.

Yup, Delta's black one is hot looking. I like the longbeds too, but I don't think it would fit in my garage.

Thanks, I'm just hoping the Z-71 package is truly available on the RC models, I was only able to add it when choosing those particular wheels starting off with a base LT model. After seeing ocn's choice there is just something about the SB model that seems off to me, it seems a little too squished for my tastes, but it is a fantastic color which is why I choose it as and either / or for me with the black.

I still haven't really warmed up to the new Silverado, but this would be my selection (though I would prefer the polished wheels rather than the garish chrome if that combination were available) if I needed to replace my 2005 Summit White 1500 Crew Cab:

post-200-0-53805800-1356924655_thumb.png

Though I like the '14 Silverado, I would go with the Sierra hands down. Having said that, this would be my personal choice for a Silverado:

post-418-0-92164800-1356933690_thumb.jpg

All of them look great so far.