GM Performance Parts Unleashes "Power Shop"

BRASELTON, Ga. — General Motors Performance Parts will unveil its new "Power Shop" exhibit this weekend at its Year One Experience, the annual convention of horsepower and speed here.

The exhibit will then travel cross-country, making appearances at NHRA, NSRA, Good Guys and Super Chevy events.

The automaker says the exhibit is dominated by a fully operational GMPP ZZ572 big-block crate engine that makes 720 horsepower, as well as a drag-racing simulator. Participants will be strapped into a Super Gas dragster and experience what it's like to rocket down the quarter-mile. Six-time NHRA Pro Stock Champion Warren Johnson and noted drag-racing instructor Frank Hawley act as on-screen guides for the ride.

The exhibit also showcases GM Performance Parts, including wheel displays and replacement engines. Visitors can enter a sweepstakes to win a LS7 crate engine valued at $17,495.

What this means to you: It's GM's version of Disneyland for enthusiasts.

--

Sweeeeeeeeeet

Longitudinal LS7 Fiero!!! :blink:  :o

oh? i see your LS7 Fiero and i raise you a longitudinal LS7 Monte Carlo!!!! :P

**disclaimer so i dont get ripped apart**

of course im kidding... im not the most informed on how cars work but im fully aware that a RWD engine would not work in a FWD application...

an LS7 Solstice would be the most ridiculous car on the road... probably beat lambos and ferraris without much effort... unless the Solstice weighs more than a vette... which i cant imagine...

LS7 97 Grand Am for me. I just need to buy a transmission, and cut out a tunnel for the driveshaft, a rear end, to stiffen the body, and completely redo the suspension. Piece of cake :D

I actually do want to do that, it sounds like an interesting project, and would be one of a kind.

oh? i see your LS7 Fiero and i raise you a longitudinal LS7 Monte Carlo!!!! :P

**disclaimer so i dont get ripped apart**

of course im kidding... im not the most informed on how cars work but im fully aware that a RWD engine would not work in a FWD application...

an LS7 Solstice would be the most ridiculous car on the road... probably beat lambos and ferraris without much effort... unless the Solstice weighs more than a vette... which i cant imagine...

Actually,GM has built FWD cars with longitudinal V8s.

I even owned one once. :AH-HA_wink:

LS7 97 Grand Am for me. I just need to buy a transmission, and cut out a tunnel for the driveshaft, a rear end, to stiffen the body, and completely redo the suspension. Piece of cake  :D

I actually do want to do that, it sounds like an interesting project, and would be one of a kind.

I have seen that done with a 2001ish GA GT and a Tuned port 350.