Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Jeep News: Jeep Wrangler Diesel Is Likely After 2015

10 posts in this topic

By William Maley
Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

March 3, 2013

For those who wish the Jeep Wrangler could come with a diesel option, your wish might be coming true. Wards Auto had the chance to talk with Jeep President and CEO Mike Manley and asked about the possibility of a diesel for the Wrangler.

“Wrangler is on the radar to get (a) diesel. Remember we’re also going through the product change of Wrangler for 2015-16. That will probably be the right time to introduce the diesel into that vehicle," Manley revealed. “I’m confident that the Grand Cherokee will show just how large a demand there is for diesel, and I think what that will do is reinforce the need for us to target Wrangler as a vehicle that can take a diesel.”

If given the green light, the Wrangler would be the forth diesel offered in the Chrysler family. The other three are the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ram 1500, and Ram ProMaster.

Source: Wards Auto

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Click here to view the article

I love diesels. I fear Chrysler's asking price for the diesel option.

Sweet, but can we fix this sentence?

If given the green light, the Wrangler would be forth diesel offered in the Chrysler family.

Never knew "be forth diesel" was proper.

I am excited about all the great Alternative fuel options.

Sweet, but can we fix this sentence?

If given the green light, the Wrangler would be forth diesel offered in the Chrysler family.

Never knew "be forth diesel" was proper.

Ha :neenerneener:

Its been fixed.

I already like the Wrangler and a diesel engine would make it a very tempting purchase.

• Upvote 1

I thank many will flock to buying new Wranglers if it comes with a diesel option.

• Upvote 1