William Maley

Kia News: 2014 Kia Forte To Start At $16,700*

8 posts in this topic

William Maley    394

By William Maley

Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com

March 21, 2013

Kia announced this week the pricing for the 2014 Forte which will start at $16,700 (includes a $800 destination charge).

That base price nets you a Forte LX with 1.8L four-cylinder engine with 148 horsepower. Standard equipment includes a six-speed manual, steering wheel mounted audio controls, Bluetooth, air conditioning, and power windows. An automatic version will cost $17,400* (doesn't include destination charge).

Stepping up to the $19,400 Forte EX nets you a 2.0L four-cylinder with direct injection making 173 horsepower. Standard equipment includes remote keyless entry, a rear camera, sliding center armrest, cooling glove box and the next-generation UVO telematics system.

Source: Kia

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

dfelt    1,779

Pricing has me impressed as it is a great starter car pricing and featured.

What disappoints me is the gas mileage for this type of car. Poor Fuel Efficient engines.

Also what is the torque as you can have all the horsepower in the world, but when you do not have the torque to move your ass then you either become an accident or worse.

Not impressed with high HP engines and little bit of Torque and then having a 4 banger that gets no better gas mileage than a bullet proof american V8. There is something truly wrong with this picture.

Gm builds decent small cars, but I am with you, other people's product is better in the small car lineup.

bobo    91

I agree that the Mazda3 is the best car in this class, but it costs a couple thousand dollars more than equivalent competitors.  The Forte can also get expensive when it's loaded up, but with a judicious choice of options, it can be quite a value.