Vehicle: Buick Encore (2013)

That is a Sexy Car! Way to go Drew, so tell us all about it. Is it fully loaded with AWD or just FWD? Looking forward to hear all about it. :) I am very excited for you. Congratulations.

AWD and Fully loaded. The only two factory options we didn't get and didn't want were the Oil pan heater and the chrome wheels. We even got the extra cost paint (Carbon Black)

It's a 24 month lease. I'll be treating this as a long term review.

• Agree 1

Congrats on the Buick Encore purcase (lease)!! Lately my wife and I have been seeing more and more Encores in the Princeton area suddenly - though they have been on sale for months now. Yesterday alone I saw three within my work area (two Carbon Black and one light blue). She still wants one, but may be waiting until 2015 to get it.

Buick had a combination of issues getting these out with the production line being in Korea and high initial demand. We were being patient and waiting till we could find the exact configuration we wanted, but our dealer had been looking for us since April. You can order them, but there is a huge turnaround time.

We had actually given up on the Encore and were just telling the dealer to put together the options we wanted on a Verano when he called back and said he found the configuration we wanted in an Encore at a another local dealer. He swapped it for us and we completed the sale Monday night. It is primarily Albert's car, thus the low mileage lease. He was averaging 8k a year on the CR-V even with our occasional road trips, so a 10k a year lease is plenty safe especially since I plan to start scheduling cars to review soon.

Which reminds me... I need to prep storage for my Toronado for the winter.... we're not going to have enough room if a test car shows up.

Congrats. I think this vehicle segment is waiting for explosion. It makes a perfect car for what Albert's requirements are.

You should see some of the response on our facebook pages. People waaaay outside of Buick's traditional demographic seem to love it and a few even said they want one.

Congrats. I think this vehicle segment is waiting for explosion. It makes a perfect car for what Albert's requirements are.

You should see some of the response on our facebook pages. People waaaay outside of Buick's traditional demographic seem to love it and a few even said they want one.

Post some of them here, I am curious.

I would not mind owning one if it had a manual and a little more power - 220 or so or diesel. Given I go to many places, though not super-offroad, that need AWD. Right now Lumina does the job (contractors call it my truck) :). But a little ground clearance and some offroad prowess, it would be like the little Suzukis in the past.

GM should get credit here.

For the class, I doubt it needs much more than the new 1.6T with lots of torque. The 1st and 2nd gears are geared right for perky take offs around town. For Albert, even what it has now is easily sufficient. He seems to think it feels more powerful than the CR-V... but you and I know that's just the gearing.

These are really sweet vehicles. Congratulations again. Just today, I had an older mixed sex couple come in. Seems she scraped the edge of the garage with her right fender (Carbon Black Encore). Most of the damage rubbed right off. She said it's "too fat" for her garage, but her previous Pontiac Vibe was "just right". I had to let her know, gently, that her Vibe and this Encore are almost exactly the same size. Research proves the Buick is 3.5" shorter than the Pontiac, and their widths are the same, at 69.9.

Very cool car. I see a lot of these, and after telling my mother in a couple of years when there's an all new Terrain there will be a Buick version too, she saw an Encore commercial and "I saw it, and really like it!". Probably a bit too small and the 4-cyl would not work for her, but perfect fit for most others.

They look cool. Carbon black especially. Very nice car.