CADILLAC SACRILEGE

I see a lot of XTS's everyday being driven by a mix of age groups, but have only seen one with a cloth top, near Annapolis, MD. Here in PA the most I've seen added was a set of Vogue tires.

When I stopped by Cadillac yesterday, I asked about Cue and was told it's more reviews/magazines saying its bad and people coming in worried. Once they see and play with it a bit with proper instruction they're fine, even the older crowd in XTS's, etc. Seemed good to me.

Now, how many white hairs will buy V-Sport Turbo XTS's...and keep the cloth tops off.

Here the XTS seems to be doing well as I am seeing them everywhere and especially the private car services seem to be buying them. Lucky no one seems to like fake cloth tops so I have not seen any yet.

Most of the people I see driving XTSes look like the type that would have bought an E-Class if the commercials for the E-Class reflected the actual buyer. Most of the people I see driving ATSes look to be the type who would have bought a 3-Series.

It looks better in person than it does in the pictures but the proportions are still unflattering. The interior is really quite a nice place to be too, of course I still have to say that in the absence of the TTV6 I still prefer the Impala.

I would have a hard time justifying to myself buying an XTS (or a LaCrosse for that matter) over an LTZ model. Sure they're better cars on paper with MRC, nicer leather, nicer plastics, etc... but the Impala does look a whole lot better and I wouldn't call the appointments pedestrian by any stretch. Also, better Infotainment UI for the win. What I can't wrap my head around is that a loaded 2LZ Impala is 43k in Canada and a Cadillac XTS Luxury Collection w/o AWD, esentially a car which is identically equipped except for heated rear seats, load levelling suspension and rainsense is 58k.

That and I would have constant nightmares about $600 MRC struts and the expense of replacing the LED light bar in the door handle when it burns out so the car doesn't look hoopty. It just isn't practical when these two are basically parked next to each other in the showroom.

If you're paying 60k, I can see how the CTS would be bought over an Impala, but the XTS I just do not understand.

High income people are not going to be comparing XTS to the Impala. They will look at the XTS and compare it to Lexus, Infinity, MB, BMW, Acura, but not Chevy.

Personally the XTS is amazing, I just wished we had the Chinease version with the extra 12" of leg room for the rear passengers that they do in China. Love the space for us big guys and I would think the Private car drivers would love to have this over a full blown Limo.