A Christmas Gift to all GM Fans "Were Here to Stay"

hyperv6

Since it looks like you guys are a little behind on some of the things going on I wanted to give you a gift that keeps giving the more you look at it.

This is part of a Holden ad declaring that they are here to stay. Well the deal is they are here to stay with other models shared with Chevy and possibly Buick/Opel.

Take a gander at this photo and check out the Panamera like car at the top, Could this be the Buick Alpha Mark spoke of? The photo's posted on the side wall two with Code R like Grilles with the Holden bar. Also several on the desk. Note too the coupe. Could this be a Camaro/Monaro Alpha?

Then look at the studio behind him and you will see a car we have not seen at any other division yet.

This spot is much like the Ed Whitaker spot with hints at possible styling and models we may see. The key here is the Holden line is going to show us things we will see elsewhere with the global marketing of models no matter if they keep the name Holden or not.

It is amazing what you can find if you just look around.

If you check out the video it is the last shot this comes from.

Merry Christmas All.

post-661-0-48452800-1387907344_thumb.jpg

Edited by hyperv6

I'm not getting anything "amazing" from those sketches. :(

-- -- --

On another note, I wonder where cars are going to level out WRT overall height- will we get back (on average) to where we were in the 1950s, at 60" tall? The screen shot car looks to be on stilts.

I was behind a new hyundai out on the road the other day, and rolling next to it was a circa '85 Olds Ciera. Amazing to me, but the hyundai looked like a solid 6" taller than the Olds (looked it up: it's 4"), wider, much less visibility and just heavier (it is of course; the lightest Ciera was 600 lbs less than a Sonata). The bulk of each new generation is neatly shadowing the bulk of people, size/weight-wise. :(

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I'm not getting anything "amazing" from those sketches. :(

-- -- --

On another note, I wonder where cars are going to level out WRT overall height- will we get back (on average) to where we were in the 1950s, at 60" tall? The screen shot car looks to be on stilts.

I was behind a new hyundai out on the road the other day, and rolling next to it was a circa '85 Olds Ciera. Amazing to me, but the hyundai looked like a solid 6" taller than the Olds (looked it up: it's 4"), wider, much less visibility and just heavier (it is of course; the lightest Ciera was 600 lbs less than a Sonata). The bulk of each new generation is neatly shadowing the bulk of people, size/weight-wise. :(

...and this is a huge part of the reason I have not been around...the new stuff becomes less desirable all of the time.

Ess

Car on the monitor reminds me of a Kia Optima... not good

car on the monitor makes me long for a bike path....I am not feeling the love either.

I can't remember the last time a revolutionary or even strongly polarizing design came out. OEMs really don't need to bother with camo on prototypes, the unveiling doesn't seem to reveal any surprises anymore. This week's Lambo reveal is a perfect example of this. I've said it before; we're at the 95th percentile of auto design.

You guys never change.

Passing judgment on an exaggerated drawing showing only a part of a car that we are not even sure it will even make productions.

Guys takes these only as hints and let them develop.

As it is no matter what they come out with half of you will hate it for not being retro enough like a 59 Buick or not being forward thinking enough to move GM ahead.

I can see why GM reaching out for new customers as the ones they have now are so narrow minded and short sighted.

GM is building cars for normal people in a real world that have to drive them in traffic and to be able to afford them. They also have to meet all the crazy federal laws in crash and other standards along with getting crazy MPG but still sell something larger than a Spark.

Time to start playing with reality and understand that the new Lambo is not a normal car and can be treated as such.

As for surprises the New Mustang has startled many. The Vette for those who chose not to believe the leaked photos surprised many. GM kept the Z/28 under cover enough even many insiders did not know about what it would have.

Anyone got an idea on the new Camaro? Now there will be a big surprise when it breaks cover.

I can see why GM is leaving some of you behind as customers like you have been part of the problem of holding them back and giving the idiots in charge a reason not to improve things or keep up with the market. If they can unload the same old Sh*t on you and they did and just look where it got you.

Time for you to get out in the real world and really see just what is going on. It is a Different World, Different Market and a Different Future and time for you to get on with it or just sit there in your piss and vinegar of self pity.

• Agree 1

Car on the monitor reminds me of a Kia Optima... not good

Really? It reminds me of a Tesla Model S, which is a car I would actually buy if I had fifty grand in the bank and a good paying job right now. Say what you will about its powertrain, but you'd have to be outright crazy to say its an ugly car.

Passing judgment on an exaggerated drawing showing only a part of a car that we are not even sure it will even make productions.

They why the hell make all the 'merry X-mas'/ look what I have generously bestowed upon you with' fuss if it's a lot of nothing???? Make up your mind!

As it is no matter what they come out with half of you will hate it for not being retro enough like a 59 Buick or not being forward thinking enough to move GM ahead.

ha. ha. Problem is not with GM or us, but auto design as an overall. You can hop up & down all day about a singular tweak to the same 3-element front end sketch all you want but others see the larger picture. Pull back some; the TV picture is mostly colored dots so close up. You may have a vested interest in whipping up the consumer market... others obviously do not.

GM is building cars for normal people in a real world that have to drive them in traffic and to be able to afford them. Time to start playing with reality and understand that the new Lambo is not a normal car and can be treated as such

You're still too close to the TV.

As for surprises the New Mustang has startled many.

That's pretty surprising in & of itself. It was a nice, purposeful, evolutionary progression of the iconic design (as it should be), but "startling"? Perhaps it's merely your choice of wording that's askew here...

GM hasn't left me behind; 3 GMs in the driveway today, next replacement is likely another in a string of many. Doesn't mean I am driven into a spasmatic fanboi frenzy with each & every bumper cover re-mold. Also doesn't mean each & every bumper cover re-mold is "moving forward", either.

Time for you to get out in the real world and really see just what is going on. It is a Different World, Different Market and a Different Future and time for you to get on with it or just sit there in your piss and vinegar of self pity.

You really are an unhappy & intolerant person, aren't you? Anyone who disagrees with you is varying degrees of a. stupid, b. blind, c. stuck in another time period, d. stuck in an alternate reality, and/or e."holding GM back" :rolleyes: Get over it; people WILL have different opinions than yours, and in a discussion of overall design, that's ALL we're dealing with here.

Don't discount that it may be YOU who are 'holding GM back' in accepting whatever comes out the plant doors, meanwhile others may be looking farther down the road.

IMO, unfortunately, that road is short & finite, but I am more than willing to be proven (happily) incorrect.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I saw it. I didn't post it on the front page because I didn't find that Easter egg particularly newsworthy for a front page article because we don't actually see much of anything. You call it "behind", I call it "editor's prerogative". You still seem to miss the point of a community site.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Interesting post, I for one love Evolutionary and better yet Revolutionary auto's. Right now Auto Design has gotten in a terrible funk of blah egg shape design and everyone following the same style.

I know many will want to hang me but Porsche is an over done, old design that needs to be retired and the Panamera is a ugly monster that has no beauty to it. Been in them, drove them and I find nothing to set my butt on fire. The images while interesting are eggs that I have to say generate a Mehhh response.

Hate to say it, but Holden laid an egg with this, screams of a last ditch effort rather than a real response to continue to sell auto's. Actually disappointed in it more than anything.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2