MY2008 G6 Wishlist

Well since the 2007 G6 is more of a dissappointment, and an effort to bring C&G back to dignity and less pointless bickering, here's a 2008 G6 wishlist...

- Interior refresh: better centre console, larger and lockable glove box

- HID Xenon with levelling system as factory option

- Strut Tower Bar standard (why on Earth does the Malibu has it when it's family sedan, and the G6 not even on the top model when it's the sport sedan?)

- Available 5-speed or 6-speed manual on ALL models

- 2.4L Ecotec, fix the power

- MP3 CD standard on all models and Aux in, preferably a system similar to Infiniti's with CD ripping

- Push button start (new Altima has it, at least give the G6 some "sporty" features over its sibblings)

- Manual shift mode standard on all models

- Foglamps on 4-cylinder

- AWD option

- Side torso airbags standard, not just curtains

- Ditch the 3.5L and make 3.9L with AFM the base V6. Chevy can have all the LZ4s and LZEs they want.

- LEDs or Honeycomb pattern in taillamps

- Heated and power folding side mirrors

- Spoiler delete

- Express-up windows and express-close sunroof

- Real-time fuel consumption in addition to average

- Blacked out headlights

- Steering wheel audio control needs AM/FM/CD button

That's so far I can think of...

Edited by ToniCipriani

Let's see... :D

New interior, including: flowing center stack, more brightwork, available nav, LED backlighting, new Pontiac specific (would go into all Pontiacs) radio, sportier seats with more bolstering, optional rear bucket seats, new interesting interior colors, and specific GXP package.

Exterior enhancements, including: black-out projector beam headlights, LED element taillights, sportier fascias and ground effects, blacked-out chrome, better rear spoilers (but would be optional), bigger sportier wheels, new colors, and specific GXP package.

Trim alterations, including: SE (basic with 2.4L), GT (2.8L with sportier character, more features and upscale trim), GTP (3.6L with more features) , GXP (T3.6L with sportiest character and exclusivitiy)

Drivetain changes, including: HF 2.8L (220hp) and 3.6L V6s (260hp), ecotec 2.4L I4 power increase (180hp), turbocharged 3.6L with D.I. for GXP (300hp), 6spd autos with auto-shift (same system in Aura) for GT and GTP, 6spd manuals for GT and GTP and GXP, 5spd auto and manual for SE.

Hardware upgrades, including: larger 4 wheel disc brakes, firmer more controlled suspension with larger anti-roll bars/etc, more free flowing exhaust (single tip for SE, twins for GT/GTP, quads for GXP), larger intake, and specific GXP package.

Maybe I'm just dreaming... :P

• 2 weeks later...

If the can bring the car to look more like the concept G6, there shouldn't be a problem.

The interior definately needs an upgrade in look and in feel. It can't look like a malibu interior with round pontiac vents like the current one. It needs to be original and worth the money GM is spending on it or it will fade into oblivion like so many GM cars have done in the past.

Not yet, but I doubt GM would really can the car. It still has another generation left to grab some customers before GM would be forced to phase it out due to poor sales.

I would be surprised if GM didn't do something to it before the decade is out.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Not yet, but I doubt GM would really can the car.  It still has another generation left to grab some customers before GM would be forced to phase it out due to poor sales.

I would be surprised if GM didn't do something to it before the decade is out.

Apparently there is a next-gen scheduled for a 2010 rollout.

• 3 weeks later...

Well since the 2007 G6 is more of a dissappointment, and an effort to bring C&G back to dignity and less pointless bickering, here's a 2008 G6 wishlist...

- Interior refresh: better centre console, larger and lockable glove box

- HID Xenon with levelling system as factory option

+ Strut Tower Bar standard (why on Earth does the Malibu has it when it's family sedan, and the G6 not even on the top model when it's the sport sedan?)

+ Available 5-speed or 6-speed manual on ALL models

+ 2.4L Ecotec, fix the power

+ MP3 CD standard on all models and Aux in, preferably a system similar to Infiniti's with CD ripping

+ Push button start (new Altima has it, at least give the G6 some "sporty" features over its sibblings)

- Manual shift mode standard on all models

+ Foglamps on 4-cylinder

- AWD option

- Side torso airbags standard, not just curtains

+ Ditch the 3.5L and make 3.9L with AFM the base V6. Chevy can have all the LZ4s and LZEs they want.

+ LEDs or Honeycomb pattern in taillamps

- Heated and power folding side mirrors

+ Spoiler delete

+ Express-up windows and express-close sunroof

- Real-time fuel consumption in addition to average

- Blacked out headlights

+ Steering wheel audio control needs AM/FM/CD button

That's so far I can think of...

I like your power train ideas. but some of them do seem more like lux car items than performance car items.

slightly changed the orig. to show how i ranked them, + or -.

Push-button start, lol.  Does any GM have that?

Yes, Corvette and XLR. And I doubt it's hard to do, since the G6 has an electronic ignition already. The ignition cylinder isn't a mechanical one in my car, rather an electronic one. I just need to tap it into start, no need to hold it down, and it'll start automatically.

I would assume replace that part with a button would do the trick.

Oh, and after almost a month I realized I typed one wrong. The Manual Shift Mode one should be standard for all AUTOMATIC models.

Edited by ToniCipriani