Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Karma News: Fisker's New Owners Plan To Restart Production Within A Year

Fisker's new owner, the Wanxiang Group out of China plans to restart production of the Karma plug-in hybrid sedan within a year or so. Pin Ni, head of the U.S. unit for Wanxiang tells Reuters the company plans on restarting production in Finland possibly this year and sell them in U.S. and Europe. At the moment, Ni says the company is working on finalizing business plans for the brand and hasn't worked out what the sales target for the Karma will be.

Ni went onto say that production could move to the U.S. with with "a potential partner out of Michigan." That possible partner could be VL Automotive, the company who is taking Fisker Karmas and dropping in V8 engines.

Along with restarting Karma production, Wanxiang plans to finish development of the Atlantic sedan. The model, which was positioned to be the volume model for Fisker was planned to go into production in 2015.

Source: Reuters

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

View full article

Believe it when I see it, I think they have missed the window, but could be wrong. Tesla will be the champ for now till one of the big 3 auto companies finally get their act together to bring out various plug in versions including moving a pure electric play with generator into multiple platforms such as Trucks, SUV's full size and CUV's.

Chevy could have a win win if they put the VOLT into say the Equinox and Tahoe along with he 1500 base truck.

Wonder if they got the Wilmington plant in the deal. If they did, that would be where the Atlantic is being built (with plenty of room left over for the Karma).

I don't think they'll get it going within a year unless they throw HUGE amounts of money at it. 2 1/2 to 3 years at best.

Luckily for them, the Atlantic will still look fresh.

Yea think it will still look fresh as Tesla updates their auto and others jump into the market? I think while it will look good, it will be dated compared to what the competition I would think is working on.

All my reading seems to indicate they didn't get Wilmington... but I'd like to know whats going on with the Wilmington plant myself.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Over the weekend, Tesla CEO Elon Musk commented on Model Y production.  Originally thought to be slated for production at Tesla's Gigafactory in Nevada, Tesla appears to have changed course. 
      Reported by Bloomberg, Musk said "Right now our default plan is to produce the Y at Fremont." during an interview on the "Ride the Lightning" podcast. "I was skeptical about whether this made sense at first, but my team convinced me the fastest way to get volume production is to do the Y at Fremont."
      In order to free up space in the factory, Tesla plans to move Model S and Model X to a single line, according to current and former employees. Both models have seen sales tumble over the last 6 months as Model 3 sales increased.
      Model Y sits on the same platform as the Model 3 and production is set to start in late 2020. 
      In the same podcast, Tesla made some claims about the upcoming Tesla truck.  He said "It won't look like a normal truck. It's going to be pretty sci-fi" adding "It's going to be a truck that is more capable than other trucks. It will be a better truck than an equivalent F-150 in terms of truck-like functionality. That's the aspiration."  

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Over the weekend, Tesla CEO Elon Musk commented on Model Y production.  Originally thought to be slated for production at Tesla's Gigafactory in Nevada, Tesla appears to have changed course. 
      Reported by Bloomberg, Musk said "Right now our default plan is to produce the Y at Fremont." during an interview on the "Ride the Lightning" podcast. "I was skeptical about whether this made sense at first, but my team convinced me the fastest way to get volume production is to do the Y at Fremont."
      In order to free up space in the factory, Tesla plans to move Model S and Model X to a single line, according to current and former employees. Both models have seen sales tumble over the last 6 months as Model 3 sales increased.
      Model Y sits on the same platform as the Model 3 and production is set to start in late 2020. 
      In the same podcast, Tesla made some claims about the upcoming Tesla truck.  He said "It won't look like a normal truck. It's going to be pretty sci-fi" adding "It's going to be a truck that is more capable than other trucks. It will be a better truck than an equivalent F-150 in terms of truck-like functionality. That's the aspiration."  
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Ford is adding 550 workers to their Kentucky plant that builds the Navigator and Expedition in order to meet surging retail demand for the big SUVs.  Retail sales were up 35% which has netted Ford a 5.6% gain in market-share for the Expedition.  The Navigator is doing even better with a 70% increase in sales. 
      Ford has already increased line speed and split some jobs to multiple people in an attempt to increase  production. Vehicle production will be increased after the July shutdown. 
      Along with the increase in production, Ford will be starting an advertising campaign focusing on the size and spaciousness of the Expedition.  
      Ford increasing job and production in the US stands in sharp contrast to the steep cuts of over 6,000 jobs Ford announced for Europe. 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Ford is adding 550 workers to their Kentucky plant that builds the Navigator and Expedition in order to meet surging retail demand for the big SUVs.  Retail sales were up 35% which has netted Ford a 5.6% gain in market-share for the Expedition.  The Navigator is doing even better with a 70% increase in sales. 
      Ford has already increased line speed and split some jobs to multiple people in an attempt to increase  production. Vehicle production will be increased after the July shutdown. 
      Along with the increase in production, Ford will be starting an advertising campaign focusing on the size and spaciousness of the Expedition.  
      Ford increasing job and production in the US stands in sharp contrast to the steep cuts of over 6,000 jobs Ford announced for Europe. 
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Mercedes-Benz has annouced that the new Maybach SUV, built on the Mercedes-Benz GLS will be built exclusively in Alabama.  With an expected price over $200,000, the new SUV will then be the most expensive vehicle to be built in the U.S. 
      Mercedes-Benz plans to expand the Maybach brand to other models where it makes sense in the upper end of the Mercedes lineup. 
      The Mercedes Maybach GLS will have a V8 with north of 560 horsepower and will likely debut in China later this year. The vehicle is aimed primarily at the chauffeur driven population in China and as such, the rear seats are set up in a lounge like fashion.
      The Alabama operation is also getting battery manufacturing operations, more than twice the size of the original assembly plant, due to build EQ vehicles starting in 2020.  The factory, which is capable of producing more than 300,000 units a year, exports approximately two-thirds of its production.  
      Related:

View full article
  • My Clubs

• Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook