My boyfriend is now supercharged....

He has to sleep hooked up to one of these every night now...

Posted Image

I was complaining about being stuffed up from allergies at dinner last night and he called me a hypocondriac...

I replied that not everyone has forced-induction.

He nearly spit his water out at me.

He has to sleep hooked up to one of these every night now...

Posted Image

I was complaining about being stuffed up from allergies at dinner last night and he called me a hypocondriac...

I replied that not everyone has forced-induction.

He nearly spit his water out at me.

i have one of those!

its awesome and makes all the difference in the world. just got a new mask and tubing today. been using one for 4 years, it kept me from getting divorced or sleeping in the next room. you sleep way better and helps your heart. my wife could actually get sleep then also.

Edited by regfootball

CPAP, it's a breathing device for him to use at night to releave sleep apnea.

It forces air through his nostrils.  In his case at about 9 cm of pressure.

that's the exact same unit i have except i am running 12 pressure. i acutally have been cheating a lot since i got one and a lot of nights only sleep about 4-5 hours. instead, i should still be sleeping 7-8 hours and getting much more sleep. the doc's said i woke up like 29 times in an hour from sleep apnea/breathing stopping in my sleep study.

it was supposed to help me slim down too but i've been lazy about that also. :angry:

i wish they'd pump pure oxygen through the thing or maybe even some mind altering aromas...... :P or at least the pleasant smell of potpourri..... :lol2::):pbjtime::scratchchin::stupid::unsure:

it takes a couple weeks to get used to, but after that i was bouncing off the walls for the first month or so.

Edited by regfootball

I'm currently awaiting mine... it's to be calibrated at 11cm titration. Was told I'll be a new man sleeping on one of those. I don't have severe sleep apnea... the dr called it, well, "profound" :lol: lol

that's the exact same unit i have except i am running 12 pressure.  i acutally have been cheating a lot since i got one and a lot of nights only sleep about 4-5 hours.  instead, i should still be sleeping 7-8 hours and getting much more sleep.  the doc's said i woke up like 29 times in an hour from sleep apnea/breathing stopping in my sleep study.

it was supposed to help me slim down too but i've been lazy about that also. :angry:

i wish they'd pump pure oxygen through the thing or maybe even some mind altering aromas...... :P  or at least the pleasant smell of potpourri..... :lol2:  :)  :pbjtime:  :scratchchin:  :stupid:  :unsure:

it takes a couple weeks to get used to, but after that i was bouncing off the walls for the first month or so.

Chas was around 25 times an hour and his blood oxygen level would drop to 50%.

He had surgery on his throat in November <when I almost lost him> to correct the problem but it only provided marginal benefit. It must be the genetics in his family because all of his sibling <5> and father snoore very badly.

Most of the time the snoring is caused by weight... but Chas is 5'7" and 135lbs.

I'm currently awaiting mine... it's to be calibrated at 11cm titration.  Was told I'll be a new man sleeping on one of those.  I don't have severe sleep apnea... the dr called it, well, "profound"  :lol: lol

The doctor was amazed chas was even functional at his level of apnea.

I thought this thread was about the Cobalt SS/SC. :P

The doctor was amazed chas was even functional at his level of apnea.

LOL, that's what I got! I had a rate of 88.5 wakeups per hour... in less than a 4 hour period, I woke up 368 times, and only 21 of them were natural (your body naturally wakes up during it's sleep). At my worst, my oxygen dropped 86%.

So, what's funny is, when I got up after the first sleep study, I said to the guy, "I don't think this was a good study--I didn't fall into a deep sleep." And he said, "Let's say you're lucky--if this is normal for you, I'm surprised you're not dead."

Again, now I'm just waiting for the stupid insurance company to pay the CPAP company to get me a machine.

Yeah, I was told I was going to feel like I was on speed... that I was going to have energy levels I couldn't imagine. And then when I question myself, the doctor told me that I should answer myself with, "Yes, this is essentially normal."

When they calibrated the mask for me on the last sleep study, I slept for 3 hours... I woke up, and then I got the technician's attention and said, "What time is it? How long have I been asleep?" I honestly expected him to say 8 hours. I felt like I had the equivalent energy of a full night of sleep. Granted, the mask was uncomfortable for me.

:lol: , i think i have apnea when i sleep cause i quit breathing for like 5 minutes so i hear then i take a big breath..isnt that apnea?

:lol: , i think i have apnea when i sleep cause i quit breathing for like 5 minutes so i hear then i take a big breath..isnt that apnea?

Yup, that's part of it.

Now that you have started doing performance enhancements on your boyfriend, what is next?

Better exhaust? New intake? Fuel injection? Body kit? :AH-HA_wink:

New stick shift. :AH-HA_wink:

Nah, from what I understand, no improvements are needed, Chas is a great guy in every way.

Although... I could use a new paint job for the body, in the form of a gift certificate to some store to buy new clothes. :lol:

Oh, and the actual Buick needs a paint job desperately LOL

I'm currently awaiting mine... it's to be calibrated at 11cm titration.  Was told I'll be a new man sleeping on one of those.  I don't have severe sleep apnea... the dr called it, well, "profound"  :lol: lol

I'd be pretty excited if i was getting a 'tit-ration'.....although i doubt you are!

Aren't you always excited?

right now i am damn tired. got a new mask yesterday. usually takes a week of fidgeting to get it set up right.

what i SHOULD be doing is getting 8 hours of sleep a night, working out an hour a day, and cutting down on the caloric intake.

but ya know.....that's not fun

Edited by regfootball

right now i am damn tired.  got a new mask yesterday.  usually takes a week of fidgeting to get it set up right.

what i SHOULD be doing is getting 8 hours of sleep a night, working out an hour a day, and cutting down on the caloric intake.

but ya know.....that's not fun

I disagree.....

Working out is fun...

and I can make a great tasting cheeseburger with only 8 grams of fat.... yes.. with real beef.

I disagree.....

Working out is fun...

and I can make a great tasting cheeseburger with only 8 grams of fat.... yes.. with real beef.

Yes, working out can be fun... especially if you workout with a friend. It took me a while to make working out not so much a chore. However, it involved my iPod and some good music, and it won't be back from Apple for another week! Arg!

And if that doesn't work for you, find a gym with great eye-candy :lol: