NFL DRAFT

LEINART FALLS. :blink: Vikes don't move up to get him at 8. Then they blow it again when Denver moves to 11 to get some stiff named Jay Cutler.

DENNYBALL is alive and well in Arizona.

LIONS blow it again. another high draft choice. Great pick, if his head doesn't get pounded into mush within 5-6 games, ending his career.

VINCE YOUNG goes to the Titans.

WOW, they've got BUSH in New Orleans. HOW DUMB ARE THE TEXANS?!?!?!

Edited by regfootball

I think the Texans picking Mario Williams was pretty dumb. Why would they pass on someone like Reggie Bush? Sure, Mario Williams may get 10 sacks a year, but Bush is going to get 17-25 TDs a year.

I wasn't surprised Leinart fell after Young got picked 3rd.

I'm surprised LenDale White hasn't been taken yet. Whoever takes him will get a steal.

Eh, I'm over it.  Don't care too much.  Really doesn't bother me any way...

The NFL draft, along with most other drafts, has all the appeal of watching linoleum curl in the humidity. I truly couldn't care less.

It was not bad, not too exciting though. I'm an Oakland fan and there was speculation that Young would drop to them, but I absolutely knew he would be a top 5 pick. Seriously, if your franchise needs a QB and you see how well the Atlanta fans respond to a showboat Mike Vick, who are you going to take, Vince Young or Matt Leinart? Leinart is nothing special anyways, someone with the foot speed and natural qb instincts like Young doesn't come around often. I liked Oakland's pick of Michael Huff, very talented Safety.

I think the Texans picking Mario Williams was pretty dumb. Why would they pass on someone like Reggie Bush? Sure, Mario Williams may get 10 sacks a year, but Bush is going to get 17-25 TDs a year.

Mario Williams is supposed to be the next Lawrence Taylor or Julius Peppers. Personally, I think that like most things from NC State, he won't come even close to matching the greatness of the UNC guys.

Meanwhile, the Panthers, a team with a terrible history of injuries at the running back position choose a running back with a history of injuries. Very nice. At least we have something like ten RBs now, so hopefully, at least one of them can stay healthy long enough to finish the season.