Cadillac News: Cadillac Plans More V-Series Models

2015 will mark the launch of two Cadillac V-Series models; the ATS-V and CTS-V. But there will more V-Series models in the cars according Cadillac's chief engineer.

“The ‘V’ will be on more models than today,” said Dave Leone, chief engineer for GM's luxury brand to The Detroit Bureau.

Which cars will get the V treatment is unknown at the moment, but Leone says they will not go crazy with it.

“Don’t expect to see an Escalade-V, or an SRX-V. We will focus on platforms which lend themselves to performance driving,” said Leone.

Speculation at the moment has CT6 being the next model to get the V treatment.

Source: The Detroit Bureau

View full article

I don't think that the Escalade-V will be missed. Its a body on frame BIG BOY.

VSeries seems to be more like MSeries than AMG, which is very often just additional power and less upgrades in chassis tuning and full on driving dynamics.

I do think that in place of an Escalade we will be seeing an XT7 or XT8-V. In truth I could see a business case for all of them being Vseries tagged, but logistically.. maybe they have their reasons the same way that BMW has their's in not doing it to the 7Series   

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

Any sedan, coupe or convertible Cadillac makes should have a V-series. If they have a rear drive crossover they could do one for that also. Definitely need it for the cars though. There may be an M7 coming, BMW needs it because Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche, Audi and Mercedes all had performance versions of their sedans.

BMW missed their chance back in 1988 they built a prototype of a V16 7-series called the 767i and they never built it. That would have been the granddaddy of all sport sedans.

Any sedan, coupe or convertible Cadillac makes should have a V-series. If they have a rear drive crossover they could do one for that also. Definitely need it for the cars though. There may be an M7 coming, BMW needs it because Jaguar, Maserati, Porsche, Audi and Mercedes all had performance versions of their sedans.

BMW missed their chance back in 1988 they built a prototype of a V16 7-series called the 767i and they never built it. That would have been the granddaddy of all sport sedans.

Based on all your comments about what Cadillac should have, I have to disagree with you.

At this point, Cadillac should focus on having the 4 door, 2 door, convertible regular and sport versions of their lines and keep the existing V series. Expand and have a full line of CUV's and SUV's in regular and sport plus Platinum editions. Then once the money spent and success of the product line is supporting Cadillac then build the super low volume V editions.

More coupes is good... but what I'd like to see is a RWD, probably Omega platform based Middle-Brother Escalade.  Something that would compete directly with the Range Rover Sport.

Then an Alpha Platform based Baby Escalade.  It should not be a swoopy crossover.  It should be upright, square, bold...... an Escalade that someone ran through the copy machine set to 2/3rds reduction.