Beautiful Cars Appreciation Thread

oldshurst442

Yes!  In today's Bizarro world of multiple (lazy) ways of making income, higher income definitely over higher education. 

I was referencing a late 1980s poster theme. I like this theme so much that I tend to (over)use it still today!  

With that being said tho...isnt hair brained schemes trying to make fast money THE quintessential American Dream?  FINALLY, after all these decades, the internet comes through for the lazy, no good rascal to make some dough. His time has come! 

Justification-for-higher-education | Higher education, Education poster,  Education

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, balthazar said:

A blinged-up Corvette and 4 crapboxes.
Aim higher.

A feasible rendering of the Z06 version of the C8 which the rendering mimics the C8R  to a tee as reference.  (it IS the C8R. The C7 and C6 Z06s do really mimic their respective 'R' versions)

The rest are high priced toys. Functional toys. In the same spirit as that poster. 

Ferrari 512 BB track car =  Corvette C8 Z06 track car

Porsche 928 GT car = HUMMER EV 

Mercedes sedan = Lucid Air

Corvette C4 convertible = restomod American muscle 

Douchebag Bimmmer = Douchebag Dodge pick-up truck 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 2:27 PM, balthazar said:

A blinged-up Corvette and 4 crapboxes.
Aim higher.

Honest to god I would take my Ranger over anything in that garage. 

On 1/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, Robert Hall said:

My dream car garage would definitely be heavy on the 80s-90s hardware..

My dream car garage would be my Ranger, a Motorcycle, and time to enjoy both. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, balthazar said:

IMO, the Virgil Exner-overseen design of the '56 DeSoto face is comparable to ANY 'best' design out there of ANY era (especially the modern one) - it is so utterly tailored & refined but still has that aggressive edge to it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.16.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 10.58.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 10.57.56 AM.png

This might rank in the top 7 or 8 post war cars for me. But you will kill me....I still like the 65-70 Mustang fastbacks better. 

Power wagon. 

May be an image of outdoors

• Agree 1

I love the new Cadilalcs. So Fresh, and the Benz, Infinity, Acura, and BMW vehicles to me feel like the worst of the eighties mixed with the wrost of the 1999-2012 era....

And oldshurst 442....you would be standing proud in that Cadillac!

May be an image of meerkat and outdoors

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

On 1/26/2021 at 1:46 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Yes!  In today's Bizarro world of multiple (lazy) ways of making income, higher income definitely over higher education. 

I was referencing a late 1980s poster theme. I like this theme so much that I tend to (over)use it still today!  

With that being said tho...isnt hair brained schemes trying to make fast money THE quintessential American Dream?  FINALLY, after all these decades, the internet comes through for the lazy, no good rascal to make some dough. His time has come! 

Justification-for-higher-education | Higher education, Education poster,  Education

I had that image on a t-shirt and I got screamed at by my high school bitch of an English teacher. Everyone hated her.

13 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Image result for cadillac ct6

Image result for 2021 Cadillac CT5 V blackwing

Image result for 2021 Cadillac CT5 V blackwing

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I had that image on a t-shirt and I got screamed at by my high school bitch of an English teacher. Everyone hated her.

Why?

What was her problem with that image?   Its all positive in my book.  Go to school, get an education, work hard and the world is your oyster.   Lack of sex would probably be my assessment. 

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Why?

What was her problem with that image?   Its all positive in my book.  Go to school, get an education, work hard and the world is your oyster.   Lack of sex would probably be my assessment. 

She drove one of those 4WD Nissan Sentra Wagon things

• Haha 2

May be an image of car and outdoors

If Salvador Dali drove a Ford Truck...

May be an image of 1 person and standing

The previous one for Balthazar, the nest one for Oldshurst...

Muscle Cars You Should Know: '69 Motion Hurst/Oldsmobile 455 - Street Muscle

One for Ocnblu...

May be an image of car

Purple not 'blu but I think it will do...

• Agree 3

Since we talked about the beauty of balck and white..

This car is gorgeous. I really think 55-57 full size GM cars, teh 68-72 A bodies, and the modern W bodies are some fo the finest general transportation cars GM ever built. Fabulous. Small dog added via photoshop for Robert Hall....not really but...it made a good story. 

May be an image of 1 person, car and outdoors

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This car is gorgeous. I really think 55-57 full size GM cars, teh 68-72 A bodies, and the modern W bodies are some fo the finest general transportation cars GM ever built. Fabulous

I agree.

I would add the the downsized B Bodies of 1977-1990 as well.  Actually, all full-sized RWD GM platforms up until 1990.  

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I agree.

I would add the the downsized B Bodies of 1977-1990 as well.  Actually, all full-sized RWD GM platforms up until 1990.  

My dad had one, was a fun car to drive in high school. 

Delta 88 Pace car is one of my favorite cars of the era.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Had an example in our house too; '77 Safari.
Never really found it 'fun' tho, but I had a 389 Grand Prix for comparison that would burn the tires at will.

Not every car needs to be fast to be fun. I would give eye teeth for a nice two door GM car 48-54. Not fast but I bet I would enjoy driving it.

6 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Love those Lincoln MKIIIs...same era, love these '70 Mercury Marquis...

14340390-1970-mercury-marquis-std.jpg

1cc16348b391112df3fa763103e0ee1a.jpg

marquis00002.jpg

As a convertible...wow...

22 minutes ago, balthazar said:

That would certainly be interesting enough, but I was speaking my opinion from 1000s of miles in the aforementioned ‘77-79 B-body.

Sorry....I find this hot...

Image result for 77 olds 88 pace car

And this hot also. 

May be an image of 1 person

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and standing

Charger!

May be an image of 1 person, standing, car and outdoors

Moar Mopar...

May be an image of 1 person, standing and car

May be an image of 1 person, standing, car and road

Not a car, but Shirley McLane, the Indy 500 trophy...

May be an image of 1 person and standing

While we are doing old racing pics, Torino...

May be an image of standing, car and outdoors

May be an image of one or more people, people standing, car and road

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and car

Since I know Oldshurst will be here...

May be an image of 1 person, standing and text that says 'OLSONINDY ADE EXCHANGE NADA Ltd. 'ndy 1m'

He likes the Bruins, but all I can say is Maple leafs for the win!

Neat old pace car...

May be an image of car

I could go for some drag racing...

May be an image of one or more people, people standing, motorcycle and outdoors

Corvette, again....I love 70's style drag cars, I jusut really do. 

May be an image of ‎1 person, standing, car, road and ‎text that says '‎n ک FLASH JACKSON‎'‎‎

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I don’t have a problem with the girls on cars, but just a warning that if I get a tap on the shoulder from the Google monster, I have to remove it. I won’t remove the whole post though 

What is the google monster?

58 Chevy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Ooooo- what’s the ‘Google Monster’? 

Google provides the advertising here that helps pay the server and software bills. They don’t like their ads showing on pages containing certain content (guns, illegal drugs, naked people, and others).  Their system can detect the content and if it finds something it doesn’t like it sends me an alert to remove their ads from that page. Since I’m unable to remove ads from specific pages,  the content would have to go.

This has happened here before. there was a long thread of girls on cars that really pushed the line but I allowed it until the Google monster tapped me on the shoulder then I had to take it down.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Google provides the advertising here that helps pay the server and software bills. They don’t like their ads showing on pages containing certain content (guns, illegal drugs, naked people, and others).  Their system can detect the content and if it finds something it doesn’t like it sends me an alert to remove their ads from that page. Since I’m unable to remove ads from specific pages,  the content would have to go.

This has happened here before. there was a long thread of girls on cars that really pushed the line but I allowed it until the Google monster tapped me on the shoulder then I had to take it down.

Aghhhhh...from now on the only girls that shall recieve my attention shall be amish. Can we have a beautful buggies thread?

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Spelling

1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

12, each with their own sleeping berth. 

Some airplanes of the era had private sleeping berths....

Some here do not like this era of old Mopar, I kind of like them.

May be an image of car, outdoors and text that says '4TZU576'

May be an image of car

16 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Some here do not like this era of old Mopar, I kind of like them.

I like it, but it's not pretty. 
It was a quick inversion; Plymouth was amazing / near perfect in '58, and was aesthetically near the bottom by '61.
Ambassador was probably the bottom

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.09.41 AM.png

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I like it, but it's not pretty. 
It was a quick inversion; Plymouth was amazing / near perfect in '58, and was aesthetically near the bottom by '61.
Ambassador was probably the bottom

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.09.41 AM.png

No, neither this nor the wagon is "pretty"

I would have loved had Plymouth still been kept around, that the Fury would be 

1a)  another platform mate to the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300

1b)  a definite candidate for the Hellcat engine.  Fury and Hell(cat) go very well together

2.     Cop cars would return to be Plymouth Furys   (I miss Plymouth Furys as cop cars. More so than I do Caprices and Crown Vics) 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

A '61 Plymouth would have been good for 'Christine'...the front looked like some angry insectoid alien, much more evil looking than the '58 IMO...

It’s interesting; Steven King picked the ‘58 because it was ‘non-descript’; he repeatedly called it a 4-dr in the book. 
IMO; it strikes a good balance between looking mean and looking beautiful.

• Agree 1