Beautiful Cars Appreciation Thread

oldshurst442

Just now, David said:

Just wanna go for a ride on the open road in this. Course I would not have put in the smelly diesel motor.

image.png

I sure as hell would have put in a Diesel motor. What's wrong with Diesel?

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I sure as hell would have put in a Diesel motor. What's wrong with Diesel?

Personal choice, but Extremely smelly, would rather have the fresh air smell and very toxic over a traditional gas motor. Personal opinion and your welcome to have the Diesel. Diesel contains arsenic, benzene, formaldehyde and nickel. 

As both my wife and I being cancer survivors, I think there is just so many better options over diesel.

Diesel Exhaust and Cancer

Diesel Engines & Public Health | Union of Concerned Scientists (ucsusa.org)

I just care about my friends and loved ones that I would not want to expose them to the following:

• Lung cancer
  • Birth defects
  • Asthma
  • Heart Disease
  • Premature deaths
  • Emphysema
  • Allergies

Diesel exhaust, specifically the nitrogen oxides damages lung tissue, lower the body's resistance to fight infections on top of a wide variety of lung diseases and is a common major component of Smog.

Health Effects of Diesel Exhaust | OEHHA (ca.gov)

Oil Causes Serious Health Problems - Hesperian Health Guides

Diesel Emission Health and Environmental Effects (maryland.gov)

Microsoft Word - diesel.health.concerns.doc (state.nj.us)

NJ DEP - Diesel Idling Information on www.StopTheSoot.org

As one who has graduated from medical school and studied the effects more recently due to my own cancer scare 7 years ago, I care enough to accept that we need to change and stop using tech that can hurt humanity.

One must say, if we gave up on coal much earlier, would the biggest coal supporter who died in 2019 of black lung still be here today? Diesel is the same thing, yes we need it for specific jobs in the commercial sector till better replacements are available, but could we not do with a healthier better option?

• Agree 1

LOL

I am not really into pick-up trucks as you guys know. SUVs...

Well...I do like some. My preference for a type or style of pick-up truck stems from the military work horse truck.  Mainly WW2.  

The latest pictures I posted gives you a glimpse into my world.  I have always been fascinated with WW2 machinery. Guns. Tanks. Planes. Trucks. Etc.

And, to me, German and American military hardware are some of the most beautiful machines created from WW2.  Not getting into my hatred of the German war machine of 1933-1945, I sometimes have an internal conflict of posting that, but I cant escape the fact that German tanks, guns, planes...halftracks...are indeed, beautiful designs.  Ditto that American half-track. And American WW2 war machines too.  

Since I dont have another outlet to post some of those things (and I dont really want to post those in the Random Thoughts thread just in case somebody might think Im randomly thinking in invading a country or something,  I wanted to express my love affair of WW2 machinery.

It started out as a Toyoter 4Runner.  It ended with a Dodge Power Wagon...

Dodge Power Wagon (WW2 workhorse truck)  lead into the Chevy G506 1 1/2  ton 4x4 workhorse truck. Which lead into the half-tracks. 

Edited by oldshurst442