2008/9 malibu int(?)

It has vestiges of old Corvette, but the dash shapes are nice. The seats look too sculpted and slim, alienating many mainline Malibu buyers. However, the cloth HAS to be better than what they currently feature.

Let's see...

We're still going to get complaints on how the radio is not integrated with the centre stack, the lack of a handbrake, how the ignition is on the steering column, how the gauge cluster is copying Nissan, and how superior the Camry's interior will be.

But seriously, anyone see the similarity with the previous Ion spyshot interior? What I mean is, the continuous horizontal curve flow of the whole dash?

Posted Image

Overall, I think it looks ok. I owned a 99' Malibu for two years. Mechanically, the car served me beautifully and I traded it w/86k miles on it. The reason, besides it not being the Regal I really wanted, was the interior. The leather was not as supple or soft as I would have liked and the general appearance of the materials was quite subpar w/other cars both foreign and domestic. Again, I say this has the potential to be a pretty decent interior. I just hope they don't kill the deal by using bottom-basement materials. On a similar note, I saw the inside of an 07' Camry and the found nothing generally to shout about. The center stack looked to be very plasticky at the base and certainly not something that made me want to get in the car for a closer look. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the keyholder.......

It looks alright, nothing amazing, not class leading design-wise. Whoever designed the Enclave's interior should be working on this.

I will not have a problem with the radio/HVAC control integration as long as their "faceplates" are the same color as the surrounding center stack color. Silver/silver, like how the photo appears, is fine.

We're still going to get complaints on how the radio is not integrated with the centre stack, the lack of a handbrake, how the ignition is on the steering column, how the gauge cluster is copying Nissan, and how superior the Camry's interior will be.

Unquestionably and without a single solitary doubt. Some people make it a personal mission to never be even close to 75% satisfied with GM output, and we will have the cozy pleasure of reading all about it, ad nauseum.

Hmm... It'd help if it wasn't rainbow colored. That interior is more gay than me. :P

Anyways, it looks good. Not perfect, but good from what I can tell. Although...

Posted Image

It's not as nice as that interior. I hope it reaches production in one form or another. That interior was absolutely perfect. I have no complaints what-so-ever about it...

Unquestionably and without a single solitary doubt. Some people make it a personal mission to never be even close to 75% satisfied with GM output, and we will have the cozy pleasure of reading all about it, ad nauseum.

Well, it's not like GM has put out a 100% perfect product... not for awhile, that's for sure.

Usually, the other 25% is taken up by a host of details the General seems to not care for. An integrated center stack is one of them.

Well...Hmm...

Well...Hmm... what? That's 100% perfect? You've got to be F'ing kidding me.

Did I say that? No... I was posting it in responce to what Imaj said and was saying "Well..." and "Hmm...". That's all there is to it, really... :P

Because... IMO, it's not better than the rainbow colored interior. Looks... bland.

Did I say that? No... I was posting it in responce to what Imaj said and was saying "Well..." and "Hmm...". That's all there is to it, really... :P

Because... IMO, it's not better than the rainbow colored interior. Looks... bland.

Still on first sight better than the Walmart-grade shower clock-radio... (you guys get what I mean :P) Edited by ToniCipriani

Looks good to me....

Of course, this is C&G, so 80% of the people here will bitch that it isn't class leading (Because in their minds GM will NEVER be class leading) then the 'insiders' will come and take a dump all over it, and tell us all that we should be ashamed that we're not a part of the Toyota revolution.

Then in 2 years we'll get to see the media bitch about it and tear it apart because of "subjective" measurements that are ALREADY predetermined in their SIMPLE, naive minds.

Just another day...

• 2 weeks later...

You know what?!

I HATE that integrated centre stack thing!!!!!!!!!!

I am SOO glad that GM hasn't done it the way other automakers-Toyota- do.

It looks cheaper and inferior in most cases.