Genesis News: 2017 Genesis G90 To Start At $69,050

William Maley

Before too long, the G90 will be hitting Genesis showrooms. Hence why Genesis has announced pricing for their flagship model.

When it hits dealers at the end of the month, the G90 will carry a base price of $69,050 (includes a $950 destination charge). For that, it will net you a 3.3L twin-turbo V6 with 365 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque. Standard equipment includes 19-inch alloy wheels, HID headlights, leather interior, power seats (22-way for the driver, 16-way for the passenger); Lexicon 7.1 surround-sound audio system with 17 speakers, 12.3-inch infotainment system, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, blind spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, and more.

Wanting a bit more oomph? Then step up to the 5.0L V8 which comes with 420 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. Pricing for this model begins at $70,650. The G90 V8 also adds power adjustments for the rear seats with memory function, full LED headlights, and more.

All-wheel drive is available for both engines for only an additional $2,500 

Source: Genesis

Press Release is on Page 2

GENESIS ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR ITS G90 LUXURY FLAGSHIP SEDAN

• G90 pricing starts at $68,100 with an all-new powerful 3.3-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine
  • Standard suite of world-class safety technology and premium features including the industry’s first Amazon Alexa skill integration
  • Genesis Experience provides stress-free ownership with unprecedented levels of convenience and customer care programs 

FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Sept. 2, 2016 – Genesis today announced pricing for its G90 flagship luxury sedan, which will compete at the top of the premium luxury car segment with world-class technological innovations and the highest levels of refinement, convenience and dynamic performance. Starting at $68,100, the Genesis G90 comes well-equipped with an all-new powerful 3.3-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine, an uncompromised suite of driver safety technologies, plus best-in-class standard features. One of these innovative features includes the industry’s first Amazon Alexa skill that allows owners to send remote voice commands to the G90 through Genesis Connected Services. The G90’s available 5.0-liter V8 GDI engine is priced at $69,700 and adds premium amenities for the ultimate in passenger comfort and luxury refinement. Like all Genesis vehicles, the G90 takes luxury to another level with the Genesis Experience, a comprehensive owner program providing first rate customer assurance with enhanced maintenance programs and an industry-leading warranty.

“The Genesis G90 not only presents a compelling product offering, but also a unique ownership experience to create value for our customers,” said Erwin Raphael, general manager of Genesis in the U.S. market. “The G90 embodies all the hallmarks of a modern luxury vehicle with timeless design, performance engineering and innovative technology, while offering owners an unprecedented level of choice, convenience and customer care.”

The G90 will be available in Genesis retailers at the end of this month, and is offered in both rear-wheel and all–wheel drive to meet customers’ varying performance needs and vehicle demands.

2017 GENESIS G90 – PRICING STRUCTURE

2017 Genesis G90

Engine

Powertrain

MSRP

G90 3.3T Premium

3.3L Twin-Turbo V6

RWD

$68,100

AWD

$70,600

G90 5.0 Ultimate

5.0L V8 GDI

RWD

$69,700

AWD

$72,200

*MSRP excludes $950 freight charge

In addition, the G90 is equipped with an uncompromised level of standardized safety technology, unrivaled in the premium luxury class. This comprehensive suite of standard safety features works to minimize risk and maximize protection for the driver, passenger and other road users.

Standard Advanced Safety & Technology Highlights:

• Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection
  • Driver Attention Alert (DAA)
  • Smart Blind Spot Detection (SBSD) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
  • Lane Keep Assist (LKA) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
  • Dynamic Bending Light (DBL) and High Beam Assist
  • Pre-safety seat belt and nine airbags
  • Smart Cruise Control with Stop/Start
  • Electronic Parking Brake with Automatic Vehicle Hold
  • Multi-view and forward-view cornering camera
  • Front and rear parking sensors 

Furthermore all Genesis vehicles, including the G90, launch with consumer-centric programs as part of the Genesis Experience. From service valet appointments scheduled using the Genesis mobile app to complimentary maintenance and Genesis Connected Services, the ownership experience is designed to provide time-saving conveniences.

• 3 years/36K miles Complimentary Scheduled Maintenance
  • 3 years/36K miles Complimentary Service Valet
  • 3 years Complimentary Genesis Connected Services including Connected Care, Remote, and Guidance
  • 3 years Complimentary SiriusXM® Travel Link (Traffic & Data)
  • 3 years Complimentary Map Care – Annual Map Updates
  • Best-in-Industry Warranty with Enhanced Roadside Assistance and Concierge Services

View full article

14 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Can't get a V8 in a CT6, the twin turbo V6 in this is cheaper than a CT6 too.  So I don't think it is really that unrealistic a price.  A Lexus LS460 is this price, and that car has a V8 from 2007 under the hood.

But you can get a twin-turbo V6 in the CT6 with more horsepower and torque and AWD for $1k less than the G90.... and that gets you the Premium Luxury package with Panaray, and all the exterior video upgrades.  Plus, the TTV6 still has more torque than the V8, so for the price of the V8 G90 RWD, you can get a CT6 with Panary, AWD, 4-wheel steering, Magnetic ride control, active braking, plus a whole host of other stuff.

The CT6 is still the better deal. 

• Agree 1

You could argue the CT6 has better looks or interior, or better equipment for the price for sure.  The 2 cars are close, but you can argue the V8 is better than a turbo V6 if you like V8 sound or smoothness.  I am not saying I would take a G90 over a CT6, I actually think there are better buys than both for $70-80k, but I don't think the Genesis pricing is out of line.

5 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

You could argue the CT6 has better looks or interior, or better equipment for the price for sure.  The 2 cars are close, but you can argue the V8 is better than a turbo V6 if you like V8 sound or smoothness.  I am not saying I would take a G90 over a CT6, I actually think there are better buys than both for $70-80k, but I don't think the Genesis pricing is out of line.

The sound of silence?  We're not talking about Camaros or Mustangs here... these are posh and quiet luxury cars. How the power is delivered is more important than a sound the manufacturer will try hard to suppress in the first place. 

• Agree 1

V8s are smoother and make less noise than a boosted 6, especially the GM 3.0TT which has gotten knocked for be unrefined, although I never have been in a car with it.

Either way, if you are going to spend $70,000 on a car, get a 2 year old S-class off lease, it mops the floor with anything else at $70k.  

15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

V8s are smoother and make less noise than a boosted 6, especially the GM 3.0TT which has gotten knocked for be unrefined, although I never have been in a car with it.

Either way, if you are going to spend $70,000 on a car, get a 2 year old S-class off lease, it mops the floor with anything else at $70k.  

1. I've driven the 3.6TT in multiple (every?) application and it is not at all unrefined.... I can't imagine the smaller displacement version would be less refined than the big one used in V-Series and V-Sports.  There is simply less moving mass in there.  Even in the ATS-V, I would almost call the 3.6TT too refined for that application.... but that is mostly exhaust tuning.

2. Nearly no one pays $70,000 for a 2-year old full size luxury car because they can't lease them. This is the crowd that leases everything because then they can write it off their taxes. 

It's kind of a heavy car compared to the CT6, I think the interior looks the part for the price, but so does the CT6 for the price.

Either way, both cars make a statement for the price, but the Cadillac does a better job of being it's own kind of car.

This is just a car that beats the Lexus LS at it's own game, which itself came about to beat the S-Class at it's own game. I think the original LS actually did that, but the current one is so long in the tooth, and the concept that Lexus showed recently of their future flagship doesn't work. The LC is sexy as hell, but it's a coupe and it works.

I'm okay with the way they price it, because it looks like their lease payments and how they turn out (like Drew mentioned) are going to be the judge of how well they do. They don't plan to sell money here, more like off-loading any excess capacity they reserve for Korea.

`

They sell 30,000 G90's per year there, kind of like how in the recent good years, Cadillac sells ~30,000 Escalades in the U.S.