William Maley

VW News: Rumorpile: Volkswagen's Upcoming Three-Row Crossover To Be Named Atlas

8 posts in this topic

William Maley    391

For the past few months, we have been reporting that Teramont  was the possible name for Volkswagen's upcoming three-row crossover. But it seems the model will be named something else. 

Automobilwoche reports that the new crossover will wear the 'Atlas' nameplate. Volkswagen filed trademark applications for the name with the U.S. Government back in April. According to Automotive News, the Atlas name shows that VW Group of America CEO Hinrich Woebcken made good on a promise back in July that the crossover “much easier to pronounce, American-style name”.

A Volkswagen spokeswoman declined to comment on the 'Atlas' name.

Volkswagen is planning to show the new three-row crossover at an event on October 27th. 

Source: Automobilwoche via Automotive News (Subscription Required)
Pic Credit: Auto Sina

View full article

Frisky Dingo    611

Well, it's not a risky assessment by any means, but I'm calling it now- this will be a smashing success, and will reinvigorate VW's standings in the market. The upcoming new Tiguan will bolster it.

ocnblu    733

I went over to VW's site and built an AllTrack.  Couldn't find a manual transmission anywhere on the features list... nor is there a brown paint option... although they have a delicious brown leatherette interior color available.  I'm not cool with DSG transmissions, having driven them short distances.  Too jerky in operation.

balthazar    1,869

Cue people running around, arms overhead, bemoaning that the VW naming 'system' no longer "makes sense" and that they're confused now.

ocnblu    733

Sooooo... Volkswagen is going Greek.  I like it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Volkswagen has shown three different I.D. concepts - I.D. hatchback, I.D. Buzz, and the I.D. Crozz. We know that Volkswagen is working on making the hatchback production ready by 2020 and the Buzz has been given the green light. What about the Crozz? According to a report from Autoblog, the Crozz will follow the hatchback in production - arriving in either late 2020 or 2021 - and will be the first I.D. model to arrive on our shores.
      The I.D. Crozz which made its debut earlier this year at the Shanghai Motor Show is Volkswagen's vision of an electric crossover. Using Volkswagen's MEB platform, the I.D. Crozz produces 302 horsepower from two electric motors. On-demand all-wheel drive is done through single-speed, fixed-ratio gearboxes fitted between each electric motor and its respective axle.
      Volkswagen's decision on sending the I.D. Crozz to the U.S. first makes a lot of sense as buyers are crossover hungry.
      The two sources also dropped some information on the I.D. Buzz which conflicts with earlier reports. First, the sources said the Buzz been confirmed for production - the opposite of what reported back in June where Volkswagen's Herbert Diess slyly dropped that it would go into production. If approved, the model would likely go into production in 2025.
      We recommend checking out Autoblog's report as there are more details on what to possibly expect with the Crozz.
      Source: Autoblog

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Volkswagen has shown three different I.D. concepts - I.D. hatchback, I.D. Buzz, and the I.D. Crozz. We know that Volkswagen is working on making the hatchback production ready by 2020 and the Buzz has been given the green light. What about the Crozz? According to a report from Autoblog, the Crozz will follow the hatchback in production - arriving in either late 2020 or 2021 - and will be the first I.D. model to arrive on our shores.
      The I.D. Crozz which made its debut earlier this year at the Shanghai Motor Show is Volkswagen's vision of an electric crossover. Using Volkswagen's MEB platform, the I.D. Crozz produces 302 horsepower from two electric motors. On-demand all-wheel drive is done through single-speed, fixed-ratio gearboxes fitted between each electric motor and its respective axle.
      Volkswagen's decision on sending the I.D. Crozz to the U.S. first makes a lot of sense as buyers are crossover hungry.
      The two sources also dropped some information on the I.D. Buzz which conflicts with earlier reports. First, the sources said the Buzz been confirmed for production - the opposite of what reported back in June where Volkswagen's Herbert Diess slyly dropped that it would go into production. If approved, the model would likely go into production in 2025.
      We recommend checking out Autoblog's report as there are more details on what to possibly expect with the Crozz.
      Source: Autoblog
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)