Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Awesome Dodge Challenger Cruise Pics

*listens to media's comments*

What's that? Too retro you say? I could care less.. it's still awsome.

The only only thing I'd really like to see change is the rear end to look a little less "toyish"

Someone posted this at CZ28, and as I said there, it looks pretty gross. Big, fat, and like a pig. The Camaro looks so small and sleek in comparison.

Agreed. Talk about ungainly proportions. Ugh.

I love how you guys bitch and moan that the Charger isn't retro enough and has too many doors. So when Dodge comes out with what you want, looking retro and all, you call it fat and ungainly. Yeah ok. Makes perfect sense. Some people have pretty scewed up logic.

I know you didn't name or quote specific people but for clarification's sake, I've never complained about the Charger's design or number of doors.

But the Challenger, in that picture at least, does look kind of pudgy. I remember it looking longer, thinner and lower for some reason.

I love how you guys bitch and moan that the Charger isn't retro enough and has too many doors. So when Dodge comes out with what you want, looking retro and all, you call it fat and ungainly. Yeah ok. Makes perfect sense. Some people have pretty scewed up logic.

The Charger is pretty big and not true to its heritage, but I can live with it. I like the car. The Challenger, however, looks like an anime of its original version, except it has a better suspension and nice interior.

The Charger is pretty big and not true to its heritage, but I can live with it. I like the car. The Challenger, however, looks like an anime of its original version, except it has a better suspension and nice interior.

the concept or the original?

I've never complained about anything "not being retro enough".

In fact, I can't wait for this trend to pass. If DCX was so hell-bent on completely rehashing a design that past it's freshness date 3 decades ago, they could've at least left the awkward stance and ridiculous proportions in 1970 where they belong. :wink:

I don't like how the door handles camoflage into the door like they do. Keep the body color,yes, but make them more visible.

Aside from that, I think it looks great.

Why so many DCX fans on a GM fan site? Why not to stay with other mopar guys on Chrysler sites?

That's like asking why there's Toyota guys on the site. We all like cars. Besides, I like GM, just not as much as Dodge :P

If I had the money..I would take a Challenger and a Camaro...cuz they are both sexy beasts. Thing is, the Challenger has a better shot at making it to production unchanged, since we know DCX has a track record of beinging concepts to life almost unchanged..GM not so much.

Edited by Dodgefan

Dodgefan:

You should of known they dont like the Challenger i mean why would they? cause its a dodge....even if it is very appealing the letters d-o-d-g-e automatically mean that anyone on hear cant give props.....Dodge at least has the balls to make these kinda cars....not to mention build its cool concepts..rather then let the old farts at top management sit there and talk about how buidling certain concepts would be cool. (GM)

Edited by Charger4U

Dodgefan:

You should of known they dont like the Challenger i mean why would they? cause its a dodge....even if it is very appealing the letters d-o-d-g-e automatically mean that anyone on hear cant give props.....Dodge at least has the balls to make these kinda cars....not to mention build its cool concepts..rather then let the old farts at top management sit there and talk about how buidling certain concepts would be cool. (GM)

You couldn't be more wrong.

I still remember the real Chanllengers. Those that were left in the late 70's were all beaters, at least in the North East. Everyone wanted a 'Stang, Bird, Charger, or Camaro. If you had less than a grand to spend, you were stuck with rusted out Chanllenger that usually crabbed down the road sideways. I think Dusters were even put together better.

I can't imagine that there are enough Boomers out there with fond memories that will support sales of the new one.

Someone posted this at CZ28, and as I said there, it looks pretty gross. Big, fat, and like a pig. The Camaro looks so small and sleek in comparison.

Not really, the camaro looks HUGE!! :stupid: And to the other comment about this looking bad next to the mustang... I don't think so. The mustang is boring from the side. It's completely flat and no curves...

Dodgefan:

No, no, no. The Viper is my all-time favorite car (besides the DB9, F430, and new Camaro). If I were to win 14 billion dollars, the first thing I'd buy is a 2007 Viper SRT-10 Coupe in yellow with black stripes. Then I'd mod the $h! out of it. But that's besides the point.. I totally can't stand how the Challenger looks. It's a big, bulky, fat pig just like Northstar said. It's not fit, sleek, or menacing like the Viper or Camaro. And, dare I say it, its looks are even less menacing than the Caliber.

If there's one thing I can appreciate about the retro styling, it's that when you line up the coupes in this class from each manufacturer, they all have the image that fits without anyone thinking, 'One of these things is not like the other.'

So, Ford throws a party, Dodge brings the beer, and hopefully Chevy shows up before the party-scene dies down. :nono:

BrewS made another good point (I think he's on a roll). I know there are differences between the new Challenger and Camaro, and I am sure many of you Camaro fans can point out more, but they both look fairly much the same to me. Needless to say, neither appeal to me. I would take the Charger over the Challenger and I am almost positive I would take a next-gen RWD Impala over the Camaro.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by sciguy_0504